BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is practically one owner. Always serviced at bmw dealer. It has 2 entries for checking axles(2016 and 2021) and modt recently drivability and rear riff check/service.. feels like it has issues? Any thoughts?

see pic. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
All 3 entries are from official BMW dealers. Stop by any dealer with a VIN# and ask for details. They should be able to tell you exactly what the problem was.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll preface by saying I automatically assume anyone seeking buying advice on these nowadays is a reophyte to S85 M5/M6 and I'll respond as such (which you may or may not apply to you)

First, like @TexaZ3 said, go to the BMW dealer and see if you can get the details on these services. It may not help b/c it looks like these services were performed in preparation for sale by the dealer. Could mean the car is plagued with suspension problems, or could mean that they saw a minor maintenance item they could easily fix. One is just as likely as the other.

These cars aren't known for having specific suspension problems, just the normal BMW stuff, though they do have EDC which (I believe) was a new system for BMW at the time. I've never heard of many complaints/issues with these, but search the forum. There is a lot of crossover with the S85 M5 & M6, so make sure you include that sub-forum as well.

My advice: Just based on the information you provided it seems like it could check a few boxes that would make it a good find:
- one-owner​
- good mileage​
- always dealer serviced (you'll find opinions on using the "stealership" but a one-owner that is consigned/traded to a BMW dealer (especially the one it was bought from) is likely the kind of owner you would want for these cars (ie, a guy who did stuff by the book).​

Go check it out and see the condition it's in. Does it feel more-or-less mint or does it feel like the interior could use a refresh? I've yet to meet the person who takes care of the unseen parts of their car when they can't be bothered to take care of the parts you can see.

Has potential...keep us updated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the insight.

it looks pristine from pics- garage kept, headlights super clear and even a wrinkle on driver side seatsleft side supports.

there are 2 others around me. One with 80k(16k asking price is so tempting compared to others at 24k) other with 45k miles. Both have had 6 owners and barely have entries for services on carfax. Recently bought by used car dealers on auction.

I think the one owner from original post is a good bet if i can negotiate down to 22k but its red :/.

I’ll go test drive em this week/end and report back

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,961 Posts
Thank you for the insight.

it looks pristine from pics- garage kept, headlights super clear and even a wrinkle on driver side seatsleft side supports.

there are 2 others around me. One with 80k(16k asking price is so tempting compared to others at 24k) other with 45k miles. Both have had 6 owners and barely have entries for services on carfax. Recently bought by used car dealers on auction.

I think the one owner from original post is a good bet if i can negotiate down to 22k but its red :/.

I’ll go test drive em this week/end and report back
Nice! Where are the cars located?

Depending on location, we might be able to refer you to a reputable independent BMW shop for a PPI.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts

·
Registered
2006 M5
458 Posts
Northern VA/DC area. Will definitely go for a PPI
GT Peace https://gtpeaceauto.com/ or RRT https://www.rrtautomotive.com/ are 2 great shops in the NoVA area. I personally won't take my car to anyone else. They both are honest, fair and most importantly know their way around a S85. I had Gt Peace do a ton of work on my M5 and couldn't be happier. Let me know if you need any additional info.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Forgot at @N_Rob was there too!!!

@Gtm6f lots of good local resources to help out! Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
2006 M5
458 Posts
Not for long man! Moving out west in the middle of December, I’ll be in Oxnard, CA. Looking forward to the SoCal car scene. Sorry for the mini thread hijack OP.
Congratulations man, can't blame you for getting as far away from the chaos as possible lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Car is practically one owner. Always serviced at bmw dealer. It has 2 entries for checking axles(2016 and 2021) and modt recently drivability and rear riff check/service.. feels like it has issues? Any thoughts?

see pic. Thanks!
What is the full vin or last 7 for the M6, I can pull the service inquiry since I work for BMW.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've had a few of these cars and they've always been a favourite of mine. Currently l have a 2008 convertible and l love the way it lets me appreciate that exhaust note. If we'll maintained, these cars are a pleasure to own, right up there with my MB CL65 twin turbo and my R/t 10 Viper. Happy motoring sir.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts