BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

As per the title, in currently looking to get rid of my C5 RS6 and replace it with an M5.
Ever since I sold my E61 535d I've missed the BMW's refinement.

I would really love a black, Monaco blue or space grey exterior with a Silverstone interior.
Budget is around £20k and I live down in Bromley but I'm happy to do a bit of travelling.

Let me know if you're selling or thinking about it in the near future, or even if you know of someone thinking of selling.

Thanks

H

·
Registered
18 Posts
Interlagos Blue/Silverstone Interior

Hi H,
I have an Interlagos Blue M5 with Silverstone Leather.
The car hasn't been advertised on the net just yet, I plan to advertise it on the forum before advertising it to general public.
If you could private messege me your number we can perhaps talk further.

Kind Regards
Akbar
InterM5UK

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
You beat me to it... I have an E61, very happy with it, as i am sure you will be.

Well you have about 210 cars in the uk RHD format for the E61 M5, looks like Autotrader has 8 cars.

Maybe the Monaco Blue thats at 21990, its got a good extras list.....and the colour is just amazing, it has a slight green tinge to it in a certain light.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You beat me to it... I have an E61, very happy with it, as i am sure you will be.

Well you have about 210 cars in the uk RHD format for the E61 M5, looks like Autotrader has 8 cars.

Maybe the Monaco Blue thats at 21990, its got a good extras list.....and the colour is just amazing, it has a slight green tinge to it in a certain light.
Yeah, I was thinking about going to have a look at it as like you say, it has a few options.

I'd be slightly happier buying from an enthusiast but that may take longer.

Do you have a mondial warranty?
Have you had any issues during your ownership?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking about going to have a look at it as like you say, it has a few options.

I'd be slightly happier buying from an enthusiast but that may take longer.

Do you have a mondial warranty?
Have you had any issues during your ownership?
I have a warranty through BMW here in Sweden, not sure who the company is. It ends in May 2015.

The two issues I have had
- a bad diversity antenna, it was replaced under warranty, would have cost around 300GBP+ labour.

- and a more revent fault that was telling me that my ABS, and traction controll were not functioning. Again warranty fix.

If you do get a warranty, use it to fix the rust spot that appears (on Tourings) on the rear glass opening right on the corner of the glass where it meets the metal you get a very small rust spot that most people dont even know is there, I have it, and BMW have offered to fix it.

If I had the sun roof - I would most likely have had issues, I believe the UK cars all came with these. Make sure you check it when you buy.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Your taking your time lad!!!!

You not tried and knocked down the price @ vines BMW? I got very frustrated trying to find a half decent one it was a joke. I ended up buying a moonstone with some good options from a trader for 24.5k with 56k on the clock. Lowest milage example I could find so adding warranty would not be a joke.

Pics are in the owners section, must nice than the RS6.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

You not tried and knocked down the price @ vines BMW? I got very frustrated trying to find a half decent one it was a joke. I ended up buying a moonstone with some good options from a trader for 24.5k with 56k on the clock. Lowest milage example I could find so adding warranty would not be a joke.

Nice car! What brakes are those - it looks like they are blue?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Misread it lads. Apologise!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yeah I know, tell me about it.

I was going to try and knock them down but to be honest, even if I could get them down to £25k, it's still more than I want to spend really. I'd rather try and obtain a car from an enthusiast, rather than a garage but on the other hand, if it comes from a main dealer, it will have an AUC warranty.

Did you just find yours through the usual channels such as PH and Autotrader?

When I test drove the one at Vines, I was thrilled to be back in a really quality cabin again as the RS6 interior is really dated and plasticy.

How many did you see before buying the one you have?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a warranty through BMW here in Sweden, not sure who the company is. It ends in May 2015.

The two issues I have had
- a bad diversity antenna, it was replaced under warranty, would have cost around 300GBP+ labour.

- and a more revent fault that was telling me that my ABS, and traction controll were not functioning. Again warranty fix.

If you do get a warranty, use it to fix the rust spot that appears (on Tourings) on the rear glass opening right on the corner of the glass where it meets the metal you get a very small rust spot that most people dont even know is there, I have it, and BMW have offered to fix it.

If I had the sun roof - I would most likely have had issues, I believe the UK cars all came with these. Make sure you check it when you buy.
Thanks for the information.

Will you be renewing the warranty again next year?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I contacted all the traders over than the 25k blue M5 which has just come up for sale.

When I dug a little into the service history, some had clutches, some didn't, others just irritated me, and to finish it off, none of them would budge on price, I was ready in the car to collect the same day. Well well well, they are still for sale.

Anyhow I ended up buying what I wanted with low enough miles that I could add BMW warranty.

I think they are becoming hard to get hold of, and tbh, there is only 158 on the road, and that's half the current registered CSLs.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I contacted all the traders over than the 25k blue M5 which has just come up for sale.

When I dug a little into the service history, some had clutches, some didn't, others just irritated me, and to finish it off, none of them would budge on price, I was ready in the car to collect the same day. Well well well, they are still for sale.

Anyhow I ended up buying what I wanted with low enough miles that I could add BMW warranty.

I think they are becoming hard to get hold of, and tbh, there is only 158 on the road, and that's half the current registered CSLs.
The UK market got 210 tourings, so approx. 52 are off the road....wow that's a lot that have gone.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Fair enough.

How does it compare to the E63?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I loved the E63 but even though the performance is equal it was defo focused more towards luxury which is not me, the M5 is just awesome, I love everything about it, and the fact I can grab it by horns and I does what I tell it to is something to be said given the fact it's family estate ;-)

You won't regret it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I loved the E63 but even though the performance is equal it was defo focused more towards luxury which is not me, the M5 is just awesome, I love everything about it, and the fact I can grab it by horns and I does what I tell it to is something to be said given the fact it's family estate ;-)

You won't regret it.
I know, I really can't wait.

Fingers crossed I can find one that ticks the box soon.

Will you be modifying the exhaust or anything at some point soon?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thought about changing the exhaust, but the noise it makes now is epic so don't think I will bother. Same goes for engine, I genuinely think the balance is bang on, it's perfect out of the box. Going to play with the geo a bit, but that's personal preference.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I'm with Ant1 on this. I think the exhaust is just spot on.

Engine wise, been tempted with the headers and Evolve tune, but will wait at least to next summer.....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts