BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
last night my 540 six speed got whacked kid on his cell phone hit me from behind at 45-50 MPH ... destroyed the rear of the car as well as the roof etc ....

so i will need to replace .... since it was ALMOST an M5 save the motor ... looks like the logical thing now is to actually go find one (M5) to buy to replace it !!

looking for a CLEAN alpine white with grey int

anyone know of one ????

thanks so much
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
:eek:oohhh:

That is gnar boots.

I hope you're okay....I imagine you're gonna be feeling that one for a while.

This again reminds me of my greatest anxiety. If some dip sh*t did this to me I really don't know how I would be able to control myself....really sorry to see your car destroyed. Looks like it was a gorgeous 540. At least now you have a reason to up-grade, but still....I would be livid!! :mad:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unbelievable !!!

well I was needless say PISSED !! and if the kid had given me any LIP it would have been way worse ...
his mom was a knucklehead as well ... I cant even express ... anyway

if any one knows of a nice alpine white M5

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
sorry to hear there is a alpine white for sale in classifieds.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wowza! that's really extensive damage there. Were you at rest, or still in motion when collision took place?
Glad you're OK.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Buy it back and part it out, that would be a PERFECT candidate for the E34 540 guys, if you are mechanically incline that is.

Welcome to the M5 search, post pics when you find one!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Reactions: 540rocket

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had Just stopped

I had just stopped for a pedestrian in the cross walk and his dog
and WHAMMM!!!

it was at least a 40 MPH impact witnesses think faster ... HARD HIT !!! sore but all in all limbs intact and everything works !! BUT tha t car .. and the Pedestrian is still ALIVE narrowly missed being DEAD !!! hea saw itr coming and RAN and was missed by inches ........ :eek:oohhh:

I am mecahnically inclined so I MAY part out well see ...

I have a TON of other projects this one was ALMOST done ... not anymore ... And I have a family too !! :)
so well see how time permits ...

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Wow, major damage! Glad you're OK. Happy hunting. It is always fun hunting for a new beast.

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Wow, sorry to see that. People these days think that driving is secondary to whatever they are doing behind the wheel when they are in the car. I would have been really pissed, but glad your ok.

I do not think that grey is an interior color choice for M5's though, so you may have to do with another color.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so ... excuse my ignorance ..is there any gray ish colored interiors ??or was it all dark with light inserts??

edumacate me .... :)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
so ... excuse my ignorance ..is there any gray ish colored interiors ??or was it all dark with light inserts??

edumacate me .... :)

You could order an Individual car in any color combination you want, but I dont think its something you could readily order.

Mines close.

DSC02219 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
THANKS ...

so it looks like your combo is the one I can HOPE to get ... pretty close .. yours for sale ?? or just pix for example

thanks again for the education ...

so more details on the wreck .. turns out the ped was watching all this unfold and the KID who HIT ME was racign a girl he knew as she stopped checkered him and then took off !!! NICE good thing I didnt hear that THEN ... as I MIGHT BE IN JAIL FOR breaking his NOSE !!!! Im not given to that usually the last person I punched was a kid in 5th grade ... but WHAT A MORON !!!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Good luck on the Alpine White search. You won't be disappointed :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well ... UNless I cant find one ! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts