BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an e39 and have an itch to get another..What should one look out for? Any major pros or cons wih this year?

TIA

·
Banned
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the wealth of knowledge guys...I've searched, but I was hoping someone could give me the cliff notes version.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Make sure there is some warranty time left and I would get all options. Should have had an MSRP of approx. 97K. There are tons for sale. Should pay 60-70K max. Maybe less if you are lucky.
You're welcome,
Al

Had an e39 and have an itch to get another..What should one look out for? Any major pros or cons wih this year?

TIA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Make sure there is some warranty time left and I would get all options. Should have had an MSRP of approx. 97K. There are tons for sale. Should pay 60-70K max. Maybe less if you are lucky.
You're welcome,
Al
What kind of person lives in Maui and Sun valley??? and drives both an M5 and a 430 spider???

·
Registered
142 Posts
A guy that bought a Ferrari 360 spider from a great seller.
Aloha,
Al LaPeter
PS- What are you doing over here Seppy?

What kind of person lives in Maui and Sun valley??? and drives both an M5 and a 430 spider???

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Make sure that the vanos and smg problems have been atleast evaluated by the dealer or repaired already.

Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
Make sure that the vanos and smg problems have been atleast evaluated by the dealer or repaired already.

Mike[/quotte........how frequent are the vanos and smg problems in the eariler 06s???
Most likely they were addressed under various recalls. But cars built after 3/06 had fewer problems, vanos was fixed by then. SMG seems to be hit or miss. Just have a dealer run a service history, lots of fixes (even under warranty) keep looking, only a few and you have found one of the good ones. Good luck

JCM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts