BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Not bad. Have your tried Skene design plate brackets? They mount from under the bumper, leaves no visible holes, doesn't block airflow, and you stay legal.

No Holes License Plate Bracket
That's what I have right now but it will still make holes in your bumper, although underneath. The US Mill Works one is hella expensive, sure, but I think it's the best one.

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,395 Posts
Us mills works! Amazing quality, fitment and adjustability
Have/had a US Mills works one on my e39. The quality is there, without a doubt. I bought another, not US Millworks, for the e60 -- fitment was off and never installed it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Ive screwed painted factory brackets to both my Ms: They fit nice, look like they are supposed to be there, aren't off to one side etc. Although I dont fit the demographic of those likely to get in real trouble while dealing with the police, I do everything I can to avoid contact with them. This is one of those things...

·
Registered
7 Posts
U, S. licence plate bracket--not compatible w/ park sensors!

I like the idea of using these brackets but as their website says, they are not compatible with front park sensors. With that said, I don't see how they can be used on our cars.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My buddy has one that mounts where the tow hook goes into the bumper, however it messes with his PDC sensors so I haven't thought much about purchasing one.

The p/o of my range rover used velcro tape to hold the front plate on. It doesn't affect the PDC sensors, however it isn't very secure...

·
Read Only
1,256 Posts
I had this also, but it last me about 9mons, loved it even for the short time it lasted.

now I have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuF2wM_Moc

Tow hook options just looked a little Honda Civic for my taste on a 5 series. I was either going to drill the factory mount, go hidden, or do a bottom mount. Opted for the latter and have been very happy.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Tow hook options just looked a little Honda Civic for my taste on a 5 series. I was either going to drill the factory mount, go hidden, or do a bottom mount. Opted for the latter and have been very happy.
I agree, never liked the tow hook option as I am all about symmetry in my setups. Everything has to look balanced.

Reactions: 142569 and dinmann

·
Registered
684 Posts
I agree, never liked the tow hook option as I am all about symmetry in my setups. Everything has to look balanced.
yeah, i know the feeling, i only get the tow hook option, because I had that custom x6m front bumper on mine, and dident want to f up the bumper.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts