BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here have the supersprint set up or know anything about them? I have been reading up on them and they seem to be a very high quality system for the M5.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I nearly bought one second-hand (but unused) from the dealer, but bought the Tubi instead. I had the Supersprint in hand -- it looked very nicely made to my eye, and I think they're highly regarded in terms of quality. huge tips. you might try calling Greenwich BMW in Greenwich, CT, and asking John Burgess if he still has the unused M5 Supersprint that was collecting dust on a shelf. this was last year, but you never know.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I've got a full SS system. Headers, X-pipe, racing cats and mufflers and love it! Great power and delicious sound! Had a problem with an SES light but that was fixed with an O2 sensor simulator.

:cheers:

·
Registered
516 Posts
EdP said:
I nearly bought one second-hand (but unused) from the dealer, but bought the Tubi instead. I had the Supersprint in hand -- it looked very nicely made to my eye, and I think they're highly regarded in terms of quality. huge tips. you might try calling Greenwich BMW in Greenwich, CT, and asking John Burgess if he still has the unused M5 Supersprint that was collecting dust on a shelf. this was last year, but you never know.
How much were you looking at cost wise for SS?

Ryan

·
10,455 Posts
i also have the ss system, headers, x pipe and mufflers, stock cats. I really like the sound. I think it has a bit of a muscle car sounds to it, my old muscle car friends think it sounds exotic. It does have a bit of a crackle when you're really on it. You can't be too subtle with it, that's for sure, if you put your foot down, people know about it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ag02M5 said:
How much were you looking at cost wise for SS?
Ryan
I think ~ $800 for the SS, but I don't really remember for sure. The Tubi will take longer to install (maybe 1hr vs 4hrs). With the SS cans, you just cut and clamp. With the Tubi, the resonator pipes have to be tigged just behind the cats, and then the cans can be clamped on. Takes some extra time to line everything up properly and do it right.

·
Registered
147 Posts
EdP said:
I think ~ $800 for the SS, but I don't really remember for sure. The Tubi will take longer to install (maybe 1hr vs 4hrs). With the SS cans, you just cut and clamp. With the Tubi, the resonator pipes have to be tigged just behind the cats, and then the cans can be clamped on. Takes some extra time to line everything up properly and do it right.
For the 528 and 540 the SS is about $800. For the M5, it is $1695 and that is without the Supersprint X-pipe. (E39) Tubi cat back system is $2346 and the Kelleners is $1895.

I did see that the Remus is only $995. It sounds pretty good in the clips, but I don't like the design as much. Why is it half the price of the others?

·
Registered
267 Posts
EdP said:
Sorry I picked that one up, not sure if he has another. :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Supersprint xpipe and Kelleners or Eismann sounds awesome - The Kelleners is a little deeper and more gutteral. When I nail it and see the reactions of fellow motorists it does make me smile !

Excellent sound bites on Beatpower's site

:M5launch: :noSMG: :M5launch:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Love mine. Haven't heard any of the others though, so I don't know if I can make a great comparison. It's not TOO loud, but it's definitely different than stock.

I actually think I may like mine a BIT louder, but that's from the driver's seat. It's different for the passengers.

It is though the best LOOKING exhaust, for sure. Huge 90mm tips. Really nice.

If you do it though, get the X-pipe as well. There's a noticeable difference. I have heard it from outside the car at speed and it really is noticeable.

Good luck!

Oh, although now they have a Race version... to complicate things...
-Matthew

1 - 15 of 15 Posts