BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am hoping someone on the board has the same Mod's as I have and could direct me to their results. Or, if someone would like to take a stab at what they think I might possibly be running to the wheels give me your thoughts. I am curious to know what you think. I know this is totally a subjective question, but I am curious what your legimate thoughts are.

My Mod's are listed on my signature.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I would venture to guess with your mods, you are running between 415 - 430 at the wheels. Probably 418 - 425 to narrow it some. Your only real power mods are CF Removal, X-Pipe (Maybe a small bump in hp), Pulley, and AA software. The exhaust cans are typically negligible in performance numbers. But, I did not take the ceramic tint into consideration with the above ranges. So, you could be near 700 hp if you have the P500SportTint setting turned on. Very nice mods!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
It's hard to tell how many hp you have depend on whether dyno dynamic, dynojet, dyno mustang, but I'm very certain that if you add BMC filter with RPI scoop, you will get at least 10+whp more. :3: I got 18 whp more from just RPI scoop.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys! Isn't stock whp around 412hat posts 440 whp ? At least according to Evosport Stock Rwhp is that. And they have a graph that posts 440whp with the pulleys. So I was wondering if the AA has increased it much. And, if their graph is accurate with others who have dyno'd

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Thanks guys! Isn't stock whp around 412hat posts 440 whp ? At least according to Evosport Stock Rwhp is that. And they have a graph that posts 440whp with the pulleys. So I was wondering if the AA has increased it much. And, if their graph is accurate with others who have dyno'd
Evo Pulley show no gain on dyno dynamic, and if u r talking about dynojet, yes, evo pulley show some decent gain.

One good advice, get RPI scoop+BMC filter and you will love it. So far, all positive about RPI scoop. Everyone get at least 10whp gain on dyno.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Evo Pulley show no gain on dyno dynamic, and if u r talking about dynojet, yes, evo pulley show some decent gain.

One good advice, get RPI scoop+BMC filter and you will love it. So far, all positive about RPI scoop. Everyone get at least 10whp gain on dyno.:M5thumbs:
can you lead me to a good source for this mod.

BTW what is the difference between the two dyno, and want one would you recommend. Or, which is the most accurate.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
can you lead me to a good source for this mod.

BTW what is the difference between the two dyno, and want one would you recommend. Or, which is the most accurate.
Maybe this will be a good place to start: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105380

Sorry for all nonsense post from M5baller:confused3, but the gain from the scoop is undeniable. Call up Eloy at RPI at 562-630-5966 and don't ask for any further discount though coz it already best bang for a buck:thumbsup:

Edit: I personally got 392whp to 410whp just from the RPI scoop. And we have seen as much as 22whp gain on M6 (deknight)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's hard to tell how many hp you have depend on whether dyno dynamic, dynojet, dyno mustang, but I'm very certain that if you add BMC filter with RPI scoop, you will get at least 10+whp more. :3: I got 18 whp more from just RPI scoop.
Why did you do just scoop?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
As Kenny says, it all depends on the dyno. Different dynos measure
hp/tq differently. You'll tend to get higher numbers with a dynojet
versus a dyno dynamics. See this link for more details:

http://www.raceprecision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=105

To make things more confused many on this board also dyno with
the hood open. The hood open will tend to yield higher results as
well.

About your mods, CF Removal seems to give about 5-10hp, I doubt
you'll see any improvement from the x-pipe as the main hinderance
to exhaust flow is the primary cats. Pulleys only reduce parasitic
loss and doesn't actually increase power to the crank. On some dynos
this only shows negligible gains to the wheels. AA software may
increase hp a bit...maybe 5-10hp but I think that's optimistic. So
I would say that on a dyno dynamics machine you'll probably see
something around 405hp. On a dynojet I'm not sure. I think I saw
somewhere that stock was running around 412ish so you could be
somewhere a bit over 420. Then you have to take into account
that there is a certain delta difference from one car to the next.
A few percentages stronger or weaker.

The proven hp mods as far as I'm concerned are are headers,
NOS, RPi scoops. Pulleys certainly help but again on some dynos
they haven't been showing the numbers reported by Evosport.
Differential is a good way to increase torque through gearing but
doesn't actually give you any additional power.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think I have ceramic tint as well! I knew my car was pulling harder than usual. That cheap mod gave me an extra 200 horse; my butt dyno says 715 BHP!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Why did you do just scoop?
Because if I posted BMC+Scoop, people still can said, oh, most gain came from BMC, blah blah blah. And I already have BMC installed. Just scoop alone cost you $125 (current release version). What can u ask for more, right?ouich

So, my baseline dyno was 392whp(yeah, it low) which consisted of header-back exhaust (section1&2&3), Evo Pulley, CF removed, BMC filter. Then I just dyno with Scoop added, I got 410whp.

BTW, I love your Tubi. Almost went with Tubi, but afraid might be too loud at cold start. Personally heard Tubi Rumore myself, and it's nicelovelove

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Because if I posted BMC+Scoop, people still can said, oh, most gain came from BMC, blah blah blah. And I already have BMC installed. Just scoop alone cost you $125 (current release version). What can u ask for more, right?ouich

So, my baseline dyno was 392whp(yeah, it low) which consisted of header-back exhaust (section1&2&3), Evo Pulley, CF removed, BMC filter. Then I just dyno with Scoop added, I got 410whp.

BTW, I love your Tubi. Almost went with Tubi, but afraid might be too loud at cold start. Personally heard Tubi Rumore myself, and it's nicelovelove
I'm such a sucker. getting the BMC+Scoop shipped next. I will install tomorrow night.:cheers: thanks for the advice. This really sounds like the best bang for the buck. My guess is that at the higher speeds is when i will notice the real power kick in.

Thanks. You should see all the heads turn in San Fran. I switched from SS to Tubi regular. I believe mine is equal to Rumore with the x-pipe, might even be slightly louder from what I have heard. I absolutely love it. It's not as noisey in the cab as was SS. Start up in morning is loud. Well worth it though.

What did you go with?

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Very nice. Arqray sounds awesome. Seems to have a bit deeper note than meisterschaft and tubi.

You mentioned you had a 392 whp before the scoops and that was disappointing. just wondering if that was due to sect 1 removal. Any thoughts on that/

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
...just wondering if that was due to sect 1 removal. Any thoughts on that/
NobleM400 has 2nd cat removal and see a better torque at low/mid end, and no hp loss, he currently run about 430-440ish on the same dyno dynamic (very strong motor). I had spent many sleepless nights over my hp/gain and my odd a/f ratio (rich after 7200rpm), and in the end, it is what it is...yawnnnn

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
O.K. just added the BMC filter with RPI scoop. Holy ****! This has unleased the beast. I swear to you, I felt my car rise up like never before, and climb faster than before. I know this is not my imagination, I have taken this car to many times up the mid triple digits and it has never climbed there as ferociously as tonight. This mod is awesome. There is a whole new source of power.:1:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I swear to you too that u r not the first one to have that hallucination. :hihi::hihi::hihi:
Kenny,

Nonsense? It all made sense to me!:nono:

The beauty of that thread is we all had a good time AND RPI has gotten exposure AND has backed up their product with service. The popularity to this product is just taking off!

Its not a hallucination, its a subliminal suggestion! There will be some effect to that, trust me. However, I was the second car to do the scoop add and I performed a dyno on the Dyno Dynamic (a conservative and arguably more accurate to real life driving measurement) the same day as the install. I received a immediate 17hp gain (414hp) from my stock read of 397hp to the wheels performed a week earlier. I have since upgraded my scoops and I know, hp has increased. I estimate with the Carcoal Filter removal, BMC Filter install, Scoops (ver.2), HRE comp 21's and the wax job with p21s, I should be around 420 to 425hp to the wheels. On a dyno jet, add 17% to that number and I'm wiping the F430 arse. All that for engine mods less than a grand! :M5thumbs:

The fact is, there should be an additional increase within a week or so after the install as the car's ecu adapts to the increased air flow.

In addition, if you look at deknight's gains, he has shown that the software upgrades can increase that affect even greater. Plus, there is a current discussion of issolating air flow by covering the hole at the bottom of the air filter box. I plan to experiment with this this weekend.

I challange any one to find a more enjoyable thread with arguably the best mod ever created for any car for less than $200.00. Hell, period! :applause:

So, Rodster, you can not enjoy the benefits of the scoops without reading ALL 13 PAGES. Consider it the manual that comes with the scoops. We all read the manuals before posting questions on this forum, right! :)

cherrsagai

Kenny, nonsense, humf! :(

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
...Kenny, nonsense, humf! :(
I didn't know that u r that sensitive:hihihi:
Give me some love, baller :15:

Please accept my apology :imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy:. My thinglish (thai/english) is not that good, u no

Without you, that thread wouldn't have gone 13+ pages, :thumbsup:

Keep me posted on open/close brake hole dyno as well, pleaseeeeeeee:applause:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kenny,

Nonsense? It all made sense to me!:nono:

The beauty of that thread is we all had a good time AND RPI has gotten exposure AND has backed up their product with service. The popularity to this product is just taking off!

Its not a hallucination, its a subliminal suggestion! There will be some effect to that, trust me. However, I was the second car to do the scoop add and I performed a dyno on the Dyno Dynamic (a conservative and arguably more accurate to real life driving measurement) the same day as the install. I received a immediate 17hp gain (414hp) from my stock read of 397hp to the wheels performed a week earlier. I have since upgraded my scoops and I know, hp has increased. I estimate with the Carcoal Filter removal, BMC Filter install, Scoops (ver.2), HRE comp 21's and the wax job with p21s, I should be around 420 to 425hp to the wheels. On a dyno jet, add 17% to that number and I'm wiping the F430 arse. All that for engine mods less than a grand! :M5thumbs:

The fact is, there should be an additional increase within a week or so after the install as the car's ecu adapts to the increased air flow.

In addition, if you look at deknight's gains, he has shown that the software upgrades can increase that affect even greater. Plus, there is a current discussion of issolating air flow by covering the hole at the bottom of the air filter box. I plan to experiment with this this weekend.

I challange any one to find a more enjoyable thread with arguably the best mod ever created for any car for less than $200.00. Hell, period! :applause:

So, Rodster, you can not enjoy the benefits of the scoops without reading ALL 13 PAGES. Consider it the manual that comes with the scoops. We all read the manuals before posting questions on this forum, right! :)

cherrsagai

Kenny, nonsense, humf! :(
I read it the first night this thread started, all 13 pages. At 10 am the next morning I called Eloy and had him Overnight me the parts.:cheers: Thanks Eloy, it was great talking to you.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts