BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a 2000/2001 radio receiver for Euro M5 with TV. My radio receiver got water damage in the trunk. The receiver is made by Becker. Sent it to the NJ plant, and they said it is unrepairable. NO warranty either. Does anybody know where I could find a used one?? All leads appreciated. I need a radio, it has been 3 months!!!

Thank you,
Sean

·
10,455 Posts
i think i still have my OE radio (i upgraded so i could have sirius), but i thought the TV module was a separate component. My 00 did not have it at least. If you're interested, i can search the garage. FWIW, a new style radio costs about $450 at the dealer, which would allow for sirius compatibility (with some other parts).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike, the in dash computer is the brains of the radio. It is used to control the receiver which is located in the trunk near the amp, nav. unit, and cd. My in dash computer works fine. The radio receiver that is located in the trunk got water damage and needs replaced. You are correct about the TV receiver being seperate. I am waiting for an aftermarket radio Co. to return the unit which could not be fixed, and I will check the part # to see if ours are compatible. It should arrive by 3/28. If they are, I would gladly pay you for your receiver. I too want to upgrade to Sirius. Is the receiver and the new style radio you upgraded the same thing? I am uncertain if you are talking about the new in-dash radio contol(Onboard computer) or the receiver in the trunk? I really appreciate your help.

Sean

mottati said:
i think i still have my OE radio (i upgraded so i could have sirius), but i thought the TV module was a separate component. My 00 did not have it at least. If you're interested, i can search the garage. FWIW, a new style radio costs about $450 at the dealer, which would allow for sirius compatibility (with some other parts).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts