BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone here has ever owned my MY 2000 M5?

Here is what I think I know:

Alpine White
Black leather interior
Cold weather package

Build Date: 12/99
In Service Date: 1/14/00
Car was leased by Flow BMW in Charleston, SC
Moved up to NC and serviced by Hendrick (Winston-Salem possibly)
Moved to Cincinnati in 2006

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a few questions about the B&B Triflow, and anything else I should know about the car.

-Kirk

·
10,458 Posts
no names in the warranty/service booklet, or old repair orders?

A bmw dealership can pull up all of the work done within the bmw dealer network, to get you some history.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
I assume you've googled the vin, right? Funny what you can find....

If you get a service history from a BMW Dealer, it will list the work done (based on service codes) and the dealer numbers for each service visit.

Based on the dealer number you MAY be able to find out details of what was done: Call up a dealer, sweet talk them into faxing the paperwork... maybe they'll leave the owners name, or tell them to black it out. Perhaps a phone number is there...

A

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Wait, you can get a service history from a BMW dealer?

I stopped by the local dealer and asked if I could get a service history, and they said no, only if it was serviced at their dealership.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the complete service history that was done for the vehicle at Flow BMW, Hendrick BMW and The BMW Store, all of which was printed out for me by the service writer at The BMW Store. So yes, you can get the service history of your car from your BMW dealer. If you wanted to press the issue, I would bet you that if you request it, they HAVE to give it to you for legal reasons since you are the owner of the car.

I am actually just curious to see if the car had any owners who are on the board, and I do have a couple of questions about some of the mods that were complete.

I have all of their names, addresses and phone numbers - from documentation in the car - but I would rather not be rude about the whole thing.

·
10,458 Posts
I

I have all of their names, addresses and phone numbers - from documentation in the car - but I would rather not be rude about the whole thing.
this is the beauty of caller id and voice mail. You'll probably end up leaving a message, and they can call you back if they care to.

When i bought my e34, it was being sold "by a friend" (which was a big red flag, of course), but he mentioned the name of the guy's dad, who was the origninal owner of the car. I googled him and the city he was from, found out he was a psychiatrist, and called and left a message at his office. He was nice enough to call me back (within an hour, really), and backed the story, and gave me a nice run down of the car, bought it the next day.

I've had people call me over past car's i've owned as well, finding my name in the warranty booklet. As long as they're not pushy, i'm happy to talk about it. Did have one guy who was pretty rude, demanding that i get him the keys to the wheel locks, but i had already give it all to the dealer when i traded it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts