BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I am looking for a private owner 2001-2003 M5 within 500 miles of Cleveland Ohio 44113.

Exterior: Any color, but silver
Interior: Really prefer straight black w/ extended leather. Would do Black with gray/red inserts. Would do tan on a blue or green exterior.
Mileage: <100,000
Mods: stock is great, but I have no problems with suspension, exterior, or engine mods.

I am fully prequalified and would be able to complete the purchase immediately. I have been looking for a month now and gone to see several Autotrader M5s without much luck. If you need a PPI done on a Ohio M5, call me, because I am sure I have driven out to see it already.

Thanks for your help
Paul
[email protected]
330-five-five-4-1503

·
Registered
64 Posts
2001 BMW M5
6spd Manual
Carbon Black on Black Interior
118k miles

Mods:
Bilstien Coilovers B14
Eisenmann Muffler Exhaust
Eibach Sway Bars
Drilled and Slotted Rotors with Carbon Pads
K&N Drop In Filters
Alpine Amp
Rear Tinted Windows

Parts Changed:

Owner before me: water pump, right headlight, cluster, new rear and tranny mount bushings, new headliner

Things I changed:

Oil, Bank 1 Sensor 1 Oxygen Sensor, Cleaned Intake Plenum and Throttle Bodies, Left Front Lower Control Arm, 4 wheel Alignment and Front Tires (Used Michelin Pilot Sports)

Things that need to be fixed and changed:

Front Lower Grille Trim Under the headlights the tabs are broken and need new ones.
It has no covers underneath the front bumper and engine
It was hit on the driver side lighty and someone did bondo work by the door handle and you could see they screwed up.
Theres a hole cut out in the back for a sub that used to be there. If you pull the rear seat arm rest down you'll see it.
The right cup holder broke.
The front windsheild trim is cracking apart, I have a new one but you need to take the window out to replace it.
Rear Wheels the paint is chipping off.
The front right vanos gears make noise for 10 seconds when the car starts up and then its quiet.

Otherwise the car is really nice and pulls hardcore.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
OP extend your search area

·
Registered
384 Posts
I inspected this one and did a test drive. Feel free to email me if you are thinking about buying it. I believe it is anthracite. Is there a way to determine color off of the VIN?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=44113&max_price=20000&seller_type=b&make=BMW

Paul
Paul,

I'm in Cleveland, and have a 2003 Imola Red (that I'm not selling) but I would be happy to take a look with you or bring along and meet with you for "comparison purposes." I've also got a mechanic I trust who would be a good choice for a PPI if you need one.

Regards,
Glenn aka crds

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Glenn,

A couple cars ago I had a E39 540, so I have a little familiarity with the car. I really wish I had not sold my scan tool with the car. Do you know Bob Aber? He said he has a buddy in Cleveland that has a perfect red M5, and I figure that there weren't many red ones around.

I pretty much finalized a low mileage 2001 a little bit ago, so assuming it doesn't fall through I will be back to the real world where people don't check this forum and Autotrader every 6 hours. Really it is every 3 hours, but i tell my wife once a day.

Paul

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks Glenn,

A couple cars ago I had a E39 540, so I have a little familiarity with the car. I really wish I had not sold my scan tool with the car. Do you know Bob Aber? He said he has a buddy in Cleveland that has a perfect red M5, and I figure that there weren't many red ones around.

I pretty much finalized a low mileage 2001 a little bit ago, so assuming it doesn't fall through I will be back to the real world where people don't check this forum and Autotrader every 6 hours. Really it is every 3 hours, but i tell my wife once a day.

Paul
I don't know Bob, but it is intriguing that there is another red one up here (I've never seen it!)

I'll send you a PM with my contact info...

Regards,
Glenn

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you

Thank you to everyone that PM'ed and emailed me info to help with my search. I just picked up a 2001 w/ 75,000miles in Michigan this weekend. I will post pics in the e39 forum as soon as I can get this **** eating grin off of my face.

Thanks again,

Paul in Cleveland

1 - 11 of 11 Posts