BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my exhaust is completely too loud: Cat Delete, 321 TITANIUM/STAINLESS MIX, .035 THICK WALL 2 1/2" TRUE DUAL WITH X PIPE REMOVABLE. the next owner added a center racing muffler which made really didn't do much to bring down volume.

I added 2 resonators and a small rear muffler and it is quieter but still too loud and drones. When you are on WOT yes its the best but for cruising and around town its not fun anymore.

I am am open to ideas. Does anyone have a stock setup they want to sell or trade? I am thinking my only option is to put cats back in and buy one of the catback systems like billyboat...

Also, i am located in CT if you know a good shop that could get this things to quiet down.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, are you still looking for a stock exhaust? I have an OEM exhaust in the rafters of my brothers shop that I am looking to sell. I bought it as a replacement for my '91 as there was some rust in the back of my original exhaust. Never got to install as the car was totaled. Been sitting in the shop for the last 5 years. Rejoined the forum to try and sell the parts as they are taking up space. Im in Seattle.

Dave

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi, are you still looking for a stock exhaust? I have an OEM exhaust in the rafters of my brothers shop that I am looking to sell. I bought it as a replacement for my '91 as there was some rust in the back of my original exhaust. Never got to install as the car was totaled. Been sitting in the shop for the last 5 years. Rejoined the forum to try and sell the parts as they are taking up space. Im in Seattle.

Dave
Dave, I'm looking for a stock exhaust for a M5 Touring clone I'm building. You're in Seattle, I'm in Annapolis, MD. May not be worth it when factoring in shipping. If you could please, drop me an email to [email protected] and we can discuss the feasibility of it all. Many thanks.

Pat Arnold

1 - 4 of 4 Posts