BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering debadging the Beast, but I'd like to see the results before I remove the pieces.
Does anyone have a picture of the debadged rear end you could post or e-mail me?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Mine is totally debadged (no side or rear badges):

and here's my "magnetic modification" :hihi:

:byebye:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Yes. I bought the "520" and "d" emblems from my dealer. Then I stuck them to some fridge magnet material (heavy rubberised sheet - available from craft shops) and cut out the shape with a craft knife :thumbsup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Fart, does your car have cloth on the doors and in the middle of the seats? Also, what is that thing in your center console where mine has the small storage compartment?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Mine has the cassette holder too!

BMW as always at the forefront of audio technology :haha:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
basil,

What aftermarket products are on your car? The Dinan wheels and 4-wheel BBK kit make me think theres more.

Travis

·
Registered
621 Posts
Travis,

I have the Dinan stage three and the exhaust as well as AP Racing 6-piston brakes.

I also retrofitted a power sunscreen with rear quarter window screens and had some Dynamat laid in the doors, trunk and some other areas.

I also changed out the fog lights.

UUC shifter, StealthOne

I took out the engine for major modifications but the person is screwing me over. I had to get another S62 engine since the project is unfinished.

I'm looking forward to the day when I have more power. mmmmmm

·
10,445 Posts
well guy's you've motivated me. i debadged my M5 this past weekend. I had felt the trunk was too busy, since adding the dinan badge, so armed with the heat gun and dental floss, "DINAN M5" is not on my garage 'fridge... The trunk looks so much cleaner, very pleased.
Mike

·
Registered
463 Posts
Even my wife can tell the difference between the M5 and other e39s. Quad exhaust, different bumpers, mirrors -- kinda hard to fly under the radar, pun intended, IMO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts