BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a magazine review about 1-2 years ago where they compared the M5 to the Ferrari F430. I think it was in a European magazine. I searched but can't find it. I remember someone had scanned in a copy on this forum in the past. Anyone know what I am talking about? can you post the link?

Reactions: silverboy

·
Registered
955 Posts
I think it was by Autocar magazine.

If I remember correctly, it was with an Interlagos Blue/Silverstone M5 and a gray F430 with red interior.

Jeremy Clarkson also did a comparison test between the two cars in one of his DVDs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Many many thanks Tifosi. This is my first read...a glorious one at that. Long live the M5!

·
Registered
214 Posts
wow, I would not have believed it, had not I seen this. Our beasts represent once more. I'm gonna give it a break today... Wow!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tifosi,

Thanks so much for the article. That is the one I was looking for.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I was in England when that issue came out and remember reading it while sitting in the sun (yes, the sun comes out in England *sometimes*). Kept i a few months, read it a few more timed then chucked it out.

Since getting my beast I've been looking for it online everywhere but couldn't find it. It's just how I remebered.

Thanks Tifosi:cheers:

·
Registered
915 Posts
wow great post, ive never read this before. lovelove

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Great article. I actually own both cars, it's hard to do a comparison, such different cars, but both great.:cheers:
redlineshifter,

As an owner of both the F430 and M5, I would be interested to hear your opinion of the review. Do you agree with the conclusions of the author about how the M5 compares to the F430?

·
Registered
917 Posts
I find it a little difficult to believe though, I mean M5 is a pig compared to the 430, but as an M5 owner I do take some pleasure out of it. This article in fact was the reason I bought my first E60 M5.

·
Registered
41 Posts
redlineshifter,

As an owner of both the F430 and M5, I would be interested to hear your opinion of the review. Do you agree with the conclusions of the author about how the M5 compares to the F430?
My take on it is that the driver skill of whoever was in the F430 was lacking.
I have tracked my car on occasion and it is certainly quicker that my M5, but in the hands of an experienced driver. The shifting speed is way faster than the SMG. Also I am curious as to if they had the car in "race" mode or traction off, both of which seem to make the car go faster.

They are 2 totally different cars. Is the F430 twice the car since it's twice the price? No, but there is something about it that cannot be put to words or print.

So don't compare, just get both. Both good for their seperate uses.lovelove

·
Registered
69 Posts
Being an M5 owner and having had the opportunity to drive both on the same day and for long stretches of road I agree with this statement 110%

"When the F430 reached its zenith the M5 gripped harder, composed itself better, covered the ground faster"<O:p></O:p>

·
Registered
41 Posts
Being an M5 owner and having had the opportunity to drive both on the same day and for long stretches of road I agree with this statement 110%

"When the F430 reached its zenith the M5 gripped harder, composed itself better, covered the ground faster"<O:p></O:p>
It's a heavier car, the weight helps a bit I think.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Great article...almost made me cry!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts