BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all. I am looking for Caramel front seats for an E39M5. Doesn't have to be a pair, willing to buy just one seat.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Atlfocus, thanks for your note. That is not what I am interested in, but please send me a picture just to confirm. I already have two fully functional seats in my car. The problem is that my driver's side is very worn/cracked, while the passeger seat is in relatively good shape. I can alwyas reupholster them, but I've priced that around and seems like will cost ~$1k/seat. As such, since this is not urgent, I was hoping to find a seat with good leather for less. Also, if someone may have a good passenger seat with a worn driver's seat, according to realoem the leather skins are identical, so in that case I would be open to just buying the passenger seat and swapping the skins myself to my driver's seat. How is your passenger seat?

·
Registered
12,835 Posts
Atlfocus, thanks for your note. That is not what I am interested in, but please send me a picture just to confirm. I already have two fully functional seats in my car. The problem is that my driver's side is very worn/cracked, while the passeger seat is in relatively good shape. I can alwyas reupholster them, but I've priced that around and seems like will cost ~$1k/seat. As such, since this is not urgent, I was hoping to find a seat with good leather for less. Also, if someone may have a good passenger seat with a worn driver's seat, according to realoem the leather skins are identical, so in that case I would be open to just buying the passenger seat and swapping the skins myself to my driver's seat. How is your passenger seat?
There is a discussion a few months back about a member getting both front seats redone with replacement leather for something like $800!. It was local to him (Tennessee, or Alabama or one of the southern states). Read up on that. Depending in shipping costs, it may pay to ship the drivers seat for new leather; $400 or so plus shipping both ways (try Greyhound, they ship cheap but slow).

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you found the discussion? I can't seem to find it. I've seen discussion on refinishing leather (that is basically cleaning, sanding, and redying), but my driver's seat leather is too far gone (tears/holes) for that to be an effective solution.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Question on front seats. Anyone know of a DIY to install the passenger seat as the driver's seat? I am not looking for a procedure to replace leather skins, but swapping all the necessary hardware from the driver's seat to the passenger seat. Based on realoem.com it seems that most parts in the seat fit both sides, so it should be doable.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a passenger seat in decent condition, but the driver seat is worn out completely. It would be a LOT less expensive to ship the skins if that is all you are needing. Shipping the whole passenger seat is much larger and much heavier. PM me and let me know and make me an offer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts