BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a scratch on the ashtray lid located by the gearstick. The lid has a BMW part number on it: 51 16 8 196 988, but this part does not exist in the BMW parts database.

BMW does sells a complete trim piece for the entire gearstick console, including the ashtray lid.

Does anyone know if the ashtray lid it might be available through some other channels?

Perhaps someone has scratced the console, but not the ashtray lid?
Has anyone changed the console trim, and kept the old parts, and has a ashtray lid for sale?

David

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
I have the cover only! Its titanium!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Ahmed,

Is it for sale, and is it the exact same part number, please?

Best Regs,

David

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Dont know, i'll take a pic of it and you tell me if its OK! I dont want any money for it, as long as you pay for shipping!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is super kind of you, Ahmed!!!!

Looking forward to the picture!

David

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Hi there,

After shuffling through all my junk, I finally managed to find it! And I must admit, I thought it was in a better condition than this!!!

But hey, its not my call!

Let me know if this is the right part, and whether the condition is satisfactory to you.. sorry if its not what you expected. :)

Attachments

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahmed,

Big thanks for the very generous offer, and for taking time to dig it out and photograph it. It is the part I´m looking for. I agree that ashtray lid looks a bit scratched. Almost as scratched as the one I am trying to replace, so it would not make sense shiping it to Sweden.

Big thanks anyway, and do let me know when I can do something for you!

Best Regs,

David

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
The pleasure was all mine sir

1 - 8 of 8 Posts