BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Looking for a shop to install coilovers (e39)

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  TurboHugh 
#1 ·
Anyone know of any good shops in the Northern VA area that can install/adjust coilovers at a reasonable price? I've been holding onto these BC coilovers for a while but haven't had time to get to them. I'm pretty sure one of my shocks is blown so I don't want to drive like that for too long.

I've searched and found Induktion out in Baltimore, but they're only open weekdays and it doesn't work with my schedule.

#4 ·
You should definitely check out Prestige Automotive Solutions at 7511 Rickenbacker Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879, 301.977.9700. Ask for Aries, he is the owner and is a top notch BMW mechanic and all around good guy. Here is a link to their yelp reviews: Prestige Automotive Solutions - Auto Repair - Gaithersburg, MD - Reviews - Photos - Yelp and you can also do some google searches for additional background. Feel free to tell Aries that Jedd referred you.

#5 ·
I have some experience with installing coilovers but I'm in MD and also only available on weekdays. I've been referring all of my overflow to a buddy's shop in Gaithersburg. If you call, tell them Adam sent you.

Aktiv Automotive
22 W Diamond Ave
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
(855) 901-4190
Kevin Lucas - Owner

Reactions: TurboHugh
#7 ·
I'm a bit late, but I just had a set of BC coilovers with 10k/8k swift springs installed at RRT over in Dulles. Alex, their shop manager, worked with me on the labor costs because I had them replace a whole mess of rear bushings/arms/diff seals.

I was kept in the loop during the entire process with photos of questionable items, installation shots, and comments. Any auxiliary part installations (such as replacement upper control arms) were ran by me with an estimated part cost only, since the suspension was basically fully apart at the time. This extended my garage time by an extra couple days, but I couldn't be happier with the installation, and it gave the tech some time to do a SUPER clean install of my rear damper adjusters.

They offered to stick around the shop for an extra hour and a half so I could pick the car up after work and I ended up hanging around for waaaay to long talking cars with them. Great bunch of dudes and I'm really appreciative of how transparent they were during the installation.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you over at Induktion. What BC coilover setup did you end up going with?

#8 ·
I wanted to give a review for Induktion Motorsports out near BWI. I had my car serviced there to have some BC racing coilovers installed. I got a quote from Ed, the owner, over e-mail and almost couldn't believe his quote for install + alignment, which he honored. The service itself for coilovers was nearly 8 hours. I expected as much, but the quality of work was very good and I didn't have any issues afterwards.

The techs would come in every few hours to check on me (I waited the whole time) and answered any questions I had. They also let me peek into the shop. I was able to do some work on my laptop while waiting so it wa S almost like another day at the office for me, except at their shop. Ed is a really personable guy and was on a first name basis with everyone who came in when I was there. They're mostly an Audi/VW/Porsche shop so I saw mostly S4s but they had a really sweet Porsche GT2 parked out front.

If you live out that way and need a good shop, I'd recommend them. They're not a big shop but they're good and I didn't mind waiting there at all. Ed has a racing background too, which is cool.

The coilovers are nice but as I expected, they're a little more stiff than I'd like. But it beats having dead suspension by a mile and the car feels a lot tighter than before, no sloppiness anymore. Just bumpiness.

#9 ·
All you coilover guys if you're looking for corner balancing and alignments check out York Automotive in Mt. Airy. I was there saturday morning and they did a corner balance and alignment in 2 hours. I sat in the car most of the time and talked cars with Ed's sons. {forgot their name} . Mr York [Ed] is a champion in our area and had to race out at Laguna Seca this past weekend. His trophy wall is amazing.

Not only did they do the corner balancing and alignment, but also got my ride height precisely set with my full tank and weight in the car. Very professional, extremely affordable, and a quality family outfit that's serious about their motorsports.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.