BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found something I might want to do to my car. Ive been searching and searching but can't find a review on the hartge spring set. does anyone have it and have a good or bad opinion about it? The low price makes me wonder since usually anything aftermarket for our cars costs a fortune.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have the Hartge springs, bought the car with almost all the Hartge goodies. Can't really compare to any other brand though, since I haven't driven another lowered M5 but mine. The drop is pretty aggressive I believe, -30mm. Compared to other brands (i.e. H&R) they're not that cheap either - 310 euro before VAT on the Hartge web page.

I have no negative feedback about them, the car looks pretty low and menacing :hihi: I'm afraid I don't have any proper photos on my phone, I'll see if I can find any photos/videos on the desktop PC when I get home.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The ride is pretty firm, the shocks have 30mm less movement. This was the only decent pic I was able to find, sorry:

IMG_2258-1.JPG

If you're concerned about the price, the H&R and Eibach kits are even cheaper ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
I guess you meant the EDC button? Yeah, there's a pretty noticeable difference on the hardest setting... It's actually too hard for regular road use, or at least for Bulgarian roads :hihi: I use the hardest setting only on smooth curvy roads when driving more... "spirited" :hihi:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm obviously thinking about doing it. Not sure though if I should get different shocks as well, leave the stock shocks, or just go the coil over route for a whole lot more money

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
393 Posts
Up to you on the shocks :) Bear in mind there are no shocks/coilovers compatible with the EDC system other than the OEMs. There are coilover systems that come with a module negates the EDC error though, but you won't be able to adjust the ride firmness with the EDC button. I guess there are benefits in running coilovers, but I personally am happy with the stock suspension and springs only.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think there were any camber issues the last owner corrected when they had this installed? I've been looking around at different kits. Hart he doesn't sell a camber adjustment kit but Dinnan does. Similar height drops.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
393 Posts
No, I don't think there were any camber issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts