BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently lost my M5 to the hail storms in Pennsylvania last week so I am on the lookout for another E39 beast. I prefer Alpine, Sterling, LeMans, or Carbon with sport folding interior. Car doesn't have to be 100% perfect on the outside (no broken bumpers or major damage but chips and other wear are OK). Mileage is not a giant concern as long as the car has been properly maintained. Looking to spend up to $17,000 and I am ready to buy immediately.

PM me contact info (I cannot PM back quite yet) or just post in this thread.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can't PM yet, I have a 2002 E39 M5 that I'm about to re-list. Located in MD near Annapolis. [email protected]

The old ad is below. Since the ad was put up, I have had the front bumper replaced with a new OEM unit and the rear tires are new. I'm looking for $14k, but I'm a little flexible. The car currently sits at 131,000 miles. I'm not going to list it until later this week.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/cars-sale-wanted/349305-carbon-black-2002-e39-m5-quick-sale-md.html

As a benefit to you, the prospective buyer had a PPI done at Redds Automotive (located in Annapolis, MD) and they nit picked the car to the nth degree. I don't agree with some of their assessments, but I would be happy to share the results if your interested.

The car is solid and has been maintained, but there are a couple of things that I would like to address prior to sale.

The battery died a couple of months ago and fried my mk3 nav computer. The shop priced out a mk3 for $600 and a mk4 for $1200. Also, one of the front rims is bent (not sure when it happened) which leads to a very minor high speed vibration. I thought I was going crazy, as the first two shops I took the car to said they couldn't feel anything. Redds was the first shop to figure out what the issue was.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can't PM yet, I have a 2002 E39 M5 that I'm about to re-list. Located in MD near Annapolis. [email protected]

The old ad is below. Since the ad was put up, I have had the front bumper replaced with a new OEM unit and the rear tires are new. I'm looking for $14k, but I'm a little flexible. The car currently sits at 131,000 miles. I'm not going to list it until later this week.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/cars-sale-wanted/349305-carbon-black-2002-e39-m5-quick-sale-md.html

As a benefit to you, the prospective buyer had a PPI done at Redds Automotive (located in Annapolis, MD) and they nit picked the car to the nth degree. I don't agree with some of their assessments, but I would be happy to share the results if your interested.

The car is solid and has been maintained, but there are a couple of things that I would like to address prior to sale.

The battery died a couple of months ago and fried my mk3 nav computer. The shop priced out a mk3 for $600 and a mk4 for $1200. Also, one of the front rims is bent (not sure when it happened) which leads to a very minor high speed vibration. I thought I was going crazy, as the first two shops I took the car to said they couldn't feel anything. Redds was the first shop to figure out what the issue was.
I am interested, can you forward me a copy of the PPI to [email protected]? I would also like to see some additional pictures. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts