BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am looking at a low mileage early built 06 at the moment. First in service date was December of 2005, i am assuming it should be built sometime in September or October.
It only has around 20k miles, not fully loaded. One owner and all the service record.

What do you guys think I should look at or check for when I go see the car? I know it's not recommended to buy a early built 06, but is it worth it if some SMG parts were replace already?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just bought a 2006 white m5 with 1,154 actual miles. the car averaged 300 miles a year. was started up regularly but not driven and climate controlled ever since. The day I got the car drove it home and had the dealer service it immediately only problem was the steering rack sensor went from pressure on it so long but other then that I have 2,300 miles on it now and have and no problems at all. that car should be perfectly fine.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I would just make sure all the recalls have been done on the car. If they have, then you should be good to go. Also, make sure to get a pre-purchase inspection from a third party before buying the car. Good luck with your search...I think low mileage 06 cars are some of the best M5s to pick up.

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
i was looking at a early built 06 that was local in Vancouver and had a warrenty until 2011, but the service record scared me away.....13 pages of warrenty claims...New SMG tranny at 100kms, vanos problems, steering rack problems, logic 7 problems....

send me the vin and i will get a buddy to do a printout.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advise guys!
The car I am looking at got pretty basic options as far as I can tell. The only thing that got my attention is low mileage and low price. It's a one owner vehicle too according to the seller.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bsze : can you please pm me your email? I can't pm just yet since I don't have enough posts :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts