BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I'm looking at picking up a high Mileage 06 M5 with 115K on the clock. I've owned 2 S85's before (06 M5 & 07 M6) but neither had near this many miles. Upside is the car has a new (sub 5K miles) motor from Troy Jeup, along with a new clutch, flywheel, and throw out bearing. With that knocking out some of the potential issues, what else could I possibly be up against here? I ran my first 06 from 30K miles up to 75K with only one sensor crapping out on me. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
As the title states, I'm looking at picking up a high Mileage 06 M5 with 115K on the clock. I've owned 2 S85's before (06 M5 & 07 M6) but neither had near this many miles. Upside is the car has a new (sub 5K miles) motor from Troy Jeup, along with a new clutch, flywheel, and throw out bearing. With that knocking out some of the potential issues, what else could I possibly be up against here? I ran my first 06 from 30K miles up to 75K with only one sensor crapping out on me. Any input would be appreciated.
Only thing i would be concerned about is the throttle acuators, but at that mileage i would say they have already been changed.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Upside is the car has a new (sub 5K miles) motor from Troy Jeup, along with a new clutch, flywheel, and throw out bearing.
That would help me sleep at night for sure! The only thing I would be concerned about is the other wear and tear items such as the brakes/pads and the interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts