BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of a promotion Ferrari brought a Formula one car to my town for the Champ-car race on Sunday. I'm not sure why they brought an F1 car for a Champ-car race but none the less here it is.

The difference between the 2 cars is astounding. The F1 car makes the Champ-car look like it was made in the back of someones garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
You should have been at The Montery Historics last year at Laguna Seca. They had one of the 03 winning Ferrari's going around, and when it was done it was just sitting in the pit and we were able to get as close as we liked to it.Truly amazing!!!
Whiteyford said:
As part of a promotion Ferrari brought a Formula one car to my town for the Champ-car race on Sunday. I'm not sure why they brought an F1 car for a Champ-car race but none the less here it is.

The difference between the 2 cars is astounding. The F1 car makes the Champ-car look like it was made in the back of someones garage.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Whiteyford said:

Beautiful indeed!

I was likewise captivated a couple of weeks ago when I visited the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston for Ralph Lauren's "Speed, Style and Beauty" exhibit, which featured plenty of vintage Ferraris (GTOs, Testa Rossas, Spyders), Alfas, Bugattis, Benzs, and Jags, many of which were prize winners in the 24 hr LeMans and other prestige races. Here is one of the many links: http://www.motortrend.com/features/news/112_news050217_ralphlauren/

Interesting to note that the only 'modern' cars included were a 1996 McLaren F1 and a 1988 Porsche 959 (which was actually leaking oil!)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Take a look at the Brembo caliper in the third picture. Do they mount them low like that to reduce the center of gravity, get better cooling or is it a spacing issue?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Whiteyford said:

I don't know about the champ-car being built in the garage. But the budget for the champ-car is about a tenth of the Ferrari
Boz

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Boz M5 said:
I don't know about the champ-car being built in the garage. But the budget for the champ-car is about a tenth of the Ferrari
Boz
I was over exaggerating just a little. There is definitely a difference between the two cars. The F1 car looks more like a jet airplane. Just strap some wings to the car and I'd bet it would take off.

Couple more pics for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.