BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have my doubts that there are two GT2's driven by people with the alias, Lonman. One with the "1 CPU" and another with "CPU 1" plate.

·
Banned
267 Posts
here are the search results.

CPU 1
ManufacturerVolkswagenModelPOLO 1.4 CLBody type5 door hatchbackColourBlueFuel typePetrolDate manufactured30 December 1996Number of previous owners1Last owner change
21 September 1999

1 CPU is no longer on a car apparently.

·
Registered
116 Posts
E30Gumball said:

CPU 1
ManufacturerVolkswagenModelPOLO 1.4 CLBody type5 door hatchbackColourBlueFuel typePetrolDate manufactured30 December 1996Number of previous owners1Last owner change
21 September 1999

How did you get that information?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It was Lonmans car. I posted on Pistonheads and remember the CPU part but wasnt sure if it was 1 CPU or CPU 1. The GT2 was certainly battered and bruised which is why it only went for £45K

·
Registered
6 Posts
does anyone have a link to the auction?

also didnt we jsut clarify that the plate was '1 CPU' NOT 'CPU 1' as the pistonheads forums said it was?

also was the car in the auction right hand drive?

~William

·
Registered
26 Posts
E30Gumball said:

CPU 1
21 September 1999

The RAC/AA have a site where you can get this information but it is so inaccurate. I tested it a few times with cars and reg numbers I know and 9 times out of ten it came up wrong. EG A Ferrari F40 came up as a Vauxhall Corsa etc.

Why would someone spend £0000s on CPU 1 to put on a six year old bottom of the range Polo?!?! ouich I think that is another obvious error ??????

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Just to put the record straight. The GT2 was sold for £45K. The reg 1 CPU was not sold with the car but assume Lonman has it on retention. Forget about Polos etc it was Lonmans GT2 which was still£20K under going price for similar GT2s in UK due to its condition and it was RHD

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Auction was held at BCA, Blackbush, Surrey on Monday 11th July but sorry no pics.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jeeeesh, how badly stuffed was the car?

What kind of 'bad condition' was it in?

I'm surprised that it went to pot so badly... :confused2

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hendrik said:
People rise and fall....
There is definately something going on here, btw when did lonman last post on this (or any) forum......

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
I was e-mailing with him today. I would say he is in a great mood and have some ongoing projects. As a m5board.com member you will definetly know within a few weeks what he is up to.

Mussy said:
There is definately something going on here, btw when did lonman last post on this (or any) forum......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts