BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to make me happy!

Ever since i was a small boy i have been in love with the porsche 911, even making my grandma buy me a book about the history of porsche's, when i was about 10. I've still not even had the chance to sit in one, though back in the 80's a long lost uncle of mine had several 928's, with nice check interior!

Now, what i'm about to request is gonna be laughed at, but hey its worth a shot. lonman/closeshave, any chance i can borrow your gt2? only for a week, okay then, a weekend. No?, what about for the day? hmm, what about for an hour? okay, okay, i'll settle for a shot with you sat in the passenger seat? cant say fairer than that.

Only the other week i proclaimed to my friends that my next car would be a boxter, clearly can't afford a 911, then i bought an autotrader and realised they hold their value a little more than i thought. Balls. looks like i'm stuck with my trusty saab, great on the motorway, not so great on any form of corner!

look i'm a nice guy, even have direct debit's to two charity's, one of which is amnesty international. Eh Rob, you might well be still in that Spanish nick if i had'nt given my mates at amnesty a bell. and you thought it was all down to the fair and even handed spanish judicial system. pah!

So,throwing this open to anyone with a 911, go on, giz a shot.

I'll let you sleep on it!

This is worth a go, http://adverts.freeloader.com/zurich/

Dyl.

P.S. I think i already know your answers.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
to make me happy!

Ever since i was a small boy i have been in love with the Saab's, even making my grandma buy me a book about the history of porsche's, when i was about 10. I've still not even had the chance to sit in one, though back in the 80's a long lost uncle of mine had several Saab's, with nice check interior!

Now, what i'm about to request is gonna be laughed at, but hey its worth a shot. lonman/closeshave, any chance i can borrow your Saab? only for a week, okay then, a weekend. No?, what about for the day? hmm, what about for an hour? okay, okay, i'll settle for a shot with you sat in the passenger seat? cant say fairer than that.

Only the other week i proclaimed to my friends that my next car would be a 900, clearly can't afford a 9000, then i bought an autotrader and realised they hold their value a little more than i thought. Balls. looks like i'm stuck with my trusty GT2, great on the motorway, not so great on any form of corner!

look i'm a nice guy, even have direct debit's to two charity's, one of which is amnesty international. Eh Rob, you might well be still in that Spanish nick if i had'nt given my mates at amnesty a bell. and you thought it was all down to the fair and even handed spanish judicial system. pah!

So,throwing this open to anyone with a Saab, go on, giz a shot.

I'll let you sleep on it!

Rob

P.S. I think i already know your answers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A guide to buying a top end Car on a shoestring

My free automotive five step program

Step 1

Cancel the direct debit to the two charities and any others you may have that aren’t really important i.e. child support payments, any insurance payments etc

Step 2

Take the Saab to the nearest Porsche dealer and get him to bump the price of the Car up so he can give you more money for you car in part exchange this should cover the deposit

Step 3

Ask him to apply the biggest balloon known to man to the car, lie through your back teeth and say you never really use a car you normally take the train and the car should only do about 500 miles per year therefore this will push up the guaranteed residual value of your Porsche in 5 years or however long you can drag the agreement out for

Step 4

Drive your new car to the start line of the nearest rally

Step 5

Thrash the Knackers off it and put no less then 3000 miles on it in the first week!

P.S. I don’t know if this will work but I know a guy who just bought a Lamborghini Murcielago last week after I gave him the same advise. That isn’t a bad car for a painter and decorator. :wroom:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think we can sort the shot in a Saab for you Lonman. no probs.

As for the advice from Closeshave, err, thanks. i'll get on to it post haste.

Dyl.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Lonman said:
to make me happy!

red_wings05 said:
That was a fun little game, thanks. Got 390p
Not only has he a slightly better car than me, it now appears Lonman's getting the credit for links i posted up!

P.S. Red Wings05, I loved Gothenburg when i was there 2002, cool place.

Dyl.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Dylan said:
Not only has he a slightly better car than me, it now appears Lonman's getting the credit for links i posted up!

P.S. Red Wings05, I loved Gothenburg when i was there 2002, cool place.

Dyl.
Sorry Dylan, my mistake, missed the link in your post.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Give my five steap guide a go.

If not you are welcome to have a ride in my car at the next hillclimb/trackday

I would not go for a ride with Lonman though it might make you throw up...

As it did Tim from cannonball !!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
closeshave said:

If your serious, that would be spot on! just p m me any details. I may even get the drinks in.

Never really liked that Lonman chap anyway!!

Dyl.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
closeshave said:

No he didn't.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Albert V8 said:
Could i suggest you either steal one or arrange a test drive.

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees! :hihi:
Getting a test drive in a high end motor is a James Bond type skill
it take years to perfect

·
Registered
1 Posts
closeshave said:

I must pass this on to tim, he'll be rolling around the floor laughing when he reads this .
I heard from lonman that you went white ,:viking: pussy!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dylan said:
Only the other week i proclaimed to my friends that my next car would be a boxter, clearly can't afford a 911, then i bought an autotrader and realised they hold their value a little more than i thought. Balls. looks like i'm stuck with my trusty saab, great on the motorway, not so great on any form of corner!.
There's nothing wrong with a Saab, I did the Cannonball in one.:cheers:

Your right about the cornering though!:confused3

1 - 20 of 33 Posts