BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! How is everyone doing??? I hope well & in good health! I have been busy with work and plus my brother purchased a 2006 silver/black interior M5 that was in a light wreck but runs/drives like a dream! We just finished repairing the suspension! Car runs like a 550 with plenty of steroids! awesome! But I heard some guy on m5board.com recently was killed in a 08 M5 plus four others! What happened!!! The news broke my heart when I heard 5 were killed! I feel so sorry for their families! News disturbed me deeply! It is like the worst news I have heard in a long time! Please someone explained if you have time, thank you guys kindly! and please drive safe!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I believe is was either a 18 or 19 year old. He was with his friends on a airstrip i guess seeing how fast they can go and he caught a little air and never gained controll. It's sad, but in a way i don't feel sorry b/c he put other people than himself in danger and they died.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Welcome back!

Long story short:

Guy posts about his car (turns out it was his father's) and asks if a big clunk is common when shifting at about 140mph. People say it's normal. Then more people start to wonder how the heck a sub-20 can afford a new M5 and whether he should be driving such a car, given his inexperience.

He promised to post pictures the next day. That night, he went to an airstrip that belonged to a private community to test the car like he usually did (apparently). The rest is history.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, if I recall it was an 18 year old n wanted to see how fast he can push it. My heart goes out to their families but in my opinion the average 18 year old and an M5 don't mix. I drive an 00 M5 n my brother drives an 06 M5 and we are both over 30. Well, at least he took it to an empty air field instead of the local highway.
P.S what was the purpose of going 160 mph? I guess for fun or maybe curious to see how fast it can go. :confused:

·
4,353 Posts

member: AMERICANM5
Died: January 26th 08'
Final Post: 25th January 2008, 21:38 "Im in" [In reference to http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=110841&highlight=South+Florida+run-offs]
Total Posts: 16
Pronounced Dead: 3:55-3:56am
Names:
James Hime, 19,
Jacob Casey, 19,
Joshua Ammirato, 18,
(<<AmericanM5)
Isaac Rubin, 20
Dustin Dawe, 19.

Basically, he assured the members he was a responsible person and later went out and took 4 friends for a ride...bellow is a photo illustrating the accident location, the air-strip, & John Travolta's Home...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My nephew (who is 18) wanted a fast car like mine n me n his father promised him a car before he went to college. We got him a VW TDI. He was very unhappy n threatened to return it. we told him he had 2 choices! The TDI or a blind mule! because there is no way in hell we are getting him a fast sports car!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
looks like there are plenty still on the lot

·
Registered
804 Posts
Long time no see. Welcome back Blue Angel

Reactions: Blue Angel

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm pretty sure he's back home, that tour was a little while ago...
OK great! I miss busting Gustav's chops! He'll be excited to see me! I was hoping to catch him here while he was in the states, i wanted to invite him to an old fashion deli where they still make Brooklyn subs the old fashion way! :haha:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts