BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm picking about sound systems and want the best one in my M5. my dealer says the M5 comes with the Logic 7.

my question is, which is better Logic 7 or Harmon Kardon? :confused:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Logic 7 is not the make of the stereo but rather a type of active matrix decoding system much in the same fashion that Dolby Digital and DTS are. The latest cars from MB and BMW have Harmon Kardon stereos that are equipped to decode logic7 sound... so yes, the M5 has a Harman Kardon stereo with Logic7 sound processing. I have it on my SLK, it sounds quite good. Should sound even better on the M5 since it'll come with 2 subwoofers.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
To answer your question marwan, logic 7 IS the Harmon Kardon stereo upgrade.

I would recommend it unless you are planning on fitting an expensive aftermarket system in which just specify the basic 'business' radio.

I've not yet figured out the logic 7 (I-drive sub sub sub menu!!) but the system certainly sounds better than the old Individual audio in my E39. There are no woofers in the trunk which is great as well.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ashok Arora said:
To answer your question marwan, logic 7 IS the Harmon Kardon stereo upgrade.

I would recommend it unless you are planning on fitting an expensive aftermarket system in which just specify the basic 'business' radio.

I've not yet figured out the logic 7 (I-drive sub sub sub menu!!) but the system certainly sounds better than the old Individual audio in my E39. There are no woofers in the trunk which is great as well.
sweet, logic 7 it is!

i'm not going to change the sound system so i'm sticking with the logic 7.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts