BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now many parts of OZ are in plagues of locusts and my encounter was just a minor one in these pics.
I had to take the Ute back to the SRC shop (4 hour drive) and knew that once I left the city I was going to have issues.

A few years ago I went through a few patches and the work and stress to the paint to get them off was a PIA....never happen again.
The smell of the cars in the country right now is unreal, rotting bugs.
We've got a few chooks (chickens) and they love the cars now as they just swing by the front of the car and get a free feed.
You can see that they punched through the wrap near the fog sections, and the one with the fella on the roof was just an infant and not darkened up yet and just getting ready to b "on the wing"

I went and got some carpet protector and covered the front of the ute and once I arrived I peeled it off and gave her a good was down.
One smart move doing that.

Apples

Attachments

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
those are nothing compared to the 17-year cicadas that overrun the Mid-atlantic US...every 17 years.

Imagine 3 months of those things plastering your car in alarming numbers, non-stop.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Holy crap, that is disgusting. I hate bugs, and anything that size is truly grotesque. I thought the flies in Perth was bad but the locust and cicadas take the cake. Do you duck in the car while driving when you see a big one approaching the windshield?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A golf course sprayed for them to protect the greens.
They played a comp and didn't let players walk on the greens as they were so think.
They died once they landed and people said they covered the course.

I was in Ohio a couple of years ago when they had the 17 year hatch of the cicadas.
Millions of them hatch/screw and die in a week.
There was more of them then flies in Australia (and no country has flies like us)
The noise they made in the trees was non stop and loud.
They then started to die/rott on the ground, now that was a bad smell.
Glad I didn't have to drive a hwy speeds with those things around.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
A golf course sprayed for them to protect the greens.
They played a comp and didn't let players walk on the greens as they were so thick.
They died once they landed.
A club employee said they covered the course after moving in one night.

I was in Ohio a couple of years ago when they had the 17 year hatch of the cicadas.
Millions of them hatch/screw and die in a week.
There was more of them then flies in Australia (and no country has flies like us)
The noise they made in the trees was non stop and loud.
They then started to die/rott on the ground, now that was a bad smell.
Glad I didn't have to drive a hwy speeds with those things around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts