BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you look the doors without arming the internal shock or motion sensor?

example, locking the doggie in the car while you go do something?

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I'm sure it's in the manual. I believe, but am not certain, that if you arm it and then press the arming button again, that leaves it armed w/o the interior motion sensor active. You can try that. Leave a window open and try waving hand inside after arming the usual way. Then try after pressing button a second time.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yea. What he said. I leave my pooch in the car. Press the lock, then press it again right away and it disables the interior sensor.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea. What he said. I leave my pooch in the car. Press the lock, then press it again right away and it disables the interior sensor.
sweet

if anyone can confirm this for sure?

·
Registered
8,153 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
You'll also notice the status light under the rear view mirror will be on steady for a second or so right after you press the "2nd" time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You'll also notice the status light under the rear view mirror will be on steady for a second or so right after you press the "2nd" time.
Randy....Got my email ??

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
657 Posts
I had this problem as well. I taught my German Shepherd to use his paw to lock the car when I get out of the car. When I return he unlocks it. Sometimes the hazard lights are blinking because his paws are big. This did bite me in the a** one day though. It was a cold winter night and I got out of the car for two second with the car running and I heard the doors lock. I was a bit pissed. I had to get out of his sight and return as if I had been gone before he would reopen them. Of course depending what type of dog you have you might not need to lock the car. I know if I like mine in he wont let you in the car and heaven forbid you get in the car you would be in for a surprise!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
E55AMG2
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing