BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've started a video series where I talk about what it's like to live day to day with my 01 M5. In my second video, linked below, I discuss the exhaust sound and provide high quality audio clips that detail the contrast between the stock and muffler delete set-up. I plan on making many more and hopefully some of you get a kick out of it or get the urge to rip the mufflers off after hearing this. Of course if you have any suggestions for topics to discuss that would also be fantastic. Just trying to give both enthusiasts and the general public an informative taste of the beast.

P.S High rez sexy video of the E39 included

Cheers!

(any help with displaying the video and not just a link would be great :) )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KM21hYg58

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Thank you! It is anthracite, and you clearly have a rather rare color yourself.
looks great in Anthracite! I had a E38 740i sport in that color. I want to say that is even more rare than Imola for the E39 M5, but I'm not sure. I've seen data showing 505 in Imola out of the 9.9K built, and I think it's a few hundred for Anthracite actually. Edit - found it, 430 Anthracite.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks great in Anthracite! I had a E38 740i sport in that color. I want to say that is even more rare than Imola for the E39 M5, but I'm not sure. I've seen data showing 505 in Imola out of the 9.9K built, and I think it's a few hundred for Anthracite actually. Edit - found it, 430 Anthracite.
Wow where'd you find this? I was under the impression it was a common color.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Wow where'd you find this? I was under the impression it was a common color.
from here:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e3...roduction-numbers-north-american-spec-m5.html

seems somebody with access to BMW internal data put this together,
Not a common color at all, and I also heard it was only offered in 2000-2001 as a standard color.
There are certainly rarer beasts out there - Darkar, BlueWater Mettalic, etc. But still we both are sitting around 5% of USA M5's, so that's pretty rare!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Nice video.

I have a stock exhaust and I still smile every single time I step on the gas. When I auto crossed my car this past weekend I had several nice compliments on how great the M5 sounded.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice video.

I have a stock exhaust and I still smile every single time I step on the gas. When I auto crossed my car this past weekend I had several nice compliments on how great the M5 sounded.
Of course the stock sound is still great! Theres a reason many of us have it/had it for a long time.

Only thing I regret is not pulling those mufflers off sooner though.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Your channel dragged me in for a half hour! Nice work, always great seeing people producing/contributing like this particularly at a young age. Keep it up!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your channel dragged me in for a half hour! Nice work, always great seeing people producing/contributing like this particularly at a young age. Keep it up!
Glad you were entertained! There is definitely a lot more than just M5 videos on there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I enjoy your videos, thanks for the entertainment. I also enjoyed watching you try to put into words exactly why you love your M5. Now I know how I sound!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts