BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
10,455 Posts
wow, that is very cool. I wonder what the reserve is?
too bad the trans was rebuilt by aamco, just doesn't seem right for such a high end car. Low miles too.
Dinan has gotten quite a bit more expensive with their forced induction, and i'd imagine that twin turbo set up is quite complex.
Mike

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Did that 7 have a GM auto in it like a lot of BMW's do? If so I wouldnt worry about Aamco, but I do agree Mike, it just doesnt sound right.
Really cool old car! I had the joy of taking a drive in an old Dinan 535is Turbo, and that thing was a blast. Wheelspin in the first three gears easily. I could only imagine how much fun that 750 must have been. Great find.
:cheers:

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Very interesting,but I wonder why the car has painted Bryton's on and not the Dinan wheels mentioned in the ad?

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Wow, as I read through the posts above before I got to the ebay link, I was thinking: "hmmm, old school...maybe it's a neat Bavaria or 02...oh, a 7-series...hmmm, wow, must be some cool E23 733i; I always wanted to build a killer E23...then to see it's a 1989 750iL! :) Heck, that was just a couple of years ago (it seems :sad3: ).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I like it, i e mailed him so we will see what he says.

My dad had a 88 750IL with dinan chips, trans & ecu, along with some exhaust and it would fly... granted that was 16 years ago, but for a sedan it was a rocket. I can remember him always walking off and leaving my frineds 91 LX mustang that had a gear, headers, comptuer and exhaust.....

Speaking of the old old 7's what was the turbo car they made. Frank kelley had a 7 that was the body style before that 88 model car. It was a Alpine 7XX turbo. had a 4 or 5 speed trans, crazy wheels and was very fast. It had ran the like the fisrt turbo porsches. nothing or all.. which pretty much ment no power or crashing.... lol...

·
10,455 Posts
you're talking about the 745!

I'm curious what it will sell for. Without the dinan stuff, the car is not worth much, but that would be a lot of fun, if it all works as is should.
Mike

Kerr said:
Speaking of the old old 7's what was the turbo car they made. Frank kelley had a 7 that was the body style before that 88 model car. It was a Alpine 7XX turbo. had a 4 or 5 speed trans, crazy wheels and was very fast. It had ran the like the fisrt turbo porsches. nothing or all.. which pretty much ment no power or crashing.... lol...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
man i need to speel check :(

I dont know what that car will bring. i mean he has one so he can make the market on it. Not like you can just go out and buy another one.

I know about a month ago there was a turbo dinan M5 on there 86,87,88 car? in grate shape. all paper work, history etc. The owner wanted $30K :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
That is SO cool! I'm interested to see what it sells for. I would take it in a second for the right price....that would be a blast to cruise town in!
Robert

·
2,494 Posts
Kerr said:
man i need to speel check :(

I dont know what that car will bring. i mean he has one so he can make the market on it. Not like you can just go out and buy another one.

I know about a month ago there was a turbo dinan M5 on there 86,87,88 car? in grate shape. all paper work, history etc. The owner wanted $30K :(
Its back up for sale. Read the E28 M5 forum.

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Silverstreak said:
Put plenty aside for repair and maintenance costs.
I agree for sure. If it hasn't ever had a new "heater box" (the big plastic box that houses the evaporator and heater core along with having mounts (that break) for all the motors/vent flaps), assume it will definitely need one. If it has had one but just not in the past 5 years, assume it will need one. This is about a $2000 job (back in 1999 anyway) parts and labor. I think BMW builds the car around that thing. :hihi:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts