BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a new iPod and went to go hook it up to my M5. To back it up a bit, I bought my M5 with the iPod connector. I got the connector cord, but I guess I didn't pay much attention to the dealer when I did the walk around. I can't for the life of me figure out where this thing plugs in. Any insight guys?

E

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hehe, its in your center console at (the very bottom compartment). There are 2 jacks on the side closest to the front of the car for your USB and AUX plugs. Plug it in and your ready to go.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hehe, its in your center console at (the very bottom compartment). There are 2 jacks on the side closest to the front of the car for your USB and AUX plugs. Plug it in and your ready to go.
What he said

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Yeah!;)

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Hes pissed because he can't bump his tunes. I would be pissed too.

Press the button on the center console to pop the compartment open. Then press the button inside of the center arm rest to access the bottom compartment. There are two ports closest to the idrive knob aux and usb. Then use the USB to open the little flap/cover and then push it in.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I found it. I guess my biggest mistake was looking at night, when I didn't have enough light to begin with. Now I just gotta get my iPod all loaded up and we'll be good to go.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
For several years I wondered what the fuss was with iPods. Now that I have an 8GB Nano with 1600 songs and relatively quick access to any of them in the car, I won't have a car anymore without it.

Mt only complaint is a lack of a search or fast scroll options. Trying scrolling by artist to ZZ Top when the list is over 300 long :(

PS: The key is lots of play lists. I have lots of 200 song playlists by genre for randomness (like 70s rock, jazz, etc) and lots of 50 song playlists for "best of"'s.

I also use artist alot for groups like Coldplay, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

try scrolling through 7k worth of songs. Even artists is a pain to scroll through

1 - 10 of 10 Posts