BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hope it doesn't snow any more. This weekend, I wanted to replace a few bits on the M5!

PN ---- Description ---------------- Qty Reqd

B45023 STRUT TOP MOUNTING --------- 2
B48150 ANTI ROLL BAR LINK ARM-BQ --- 2
B51200 R/AXLE SUSP-PITMAN ARM ----- 2
B52015 REAR AXLE MOUNT BUSH ------- 2
B12352 POLLEN FILTER ---------------- 1

Dealer PN ----- Description ------- Qty Reqd

22 31 1 094 916 Gearbox Mount ---------- 1
26 11 2 226 527 Prop Guibo -------------- 1
65 31 1 720 876 Earth Strap for Bonnet --- 1

Total: £258.66

I also plan to investigate those high-pressure fuel lines which were discussed the other day, change the throttle cable, replace my hazard light switch, and sort the instrument panel where the fuel gauge label is coming loose. I've had some of those bits in stock for ages.

Although the Pollen Filter is a service item, I fid that it's often well and truly stuffed with crap and needs changing far more regularly than specified by the BMW service intervals.

So, no more snow at the moment please!!

mmmmmm

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've also ordered some Redline D4 ATF for the gearbox, and a UUC short shifter kit to get fitted before the 23rd March, so hopefully they'll arrive shortly...

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I am having my new brakes fitted tomorrow. Will be taking some pics etc..

Can you remind me the part numbers and parts for when you get the shaking on braking?!

I may have to investigate the Short Shift!!! Ahhhh it never ends!!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Is there an insurance implication with your AP brakes? If so how much?

BURTON said:
I am having my new brakes fitted tomorrow. Will be taking some pics etc..

Can you remind me the part numbers and parts for when you get the shaking on braking?!

I may have to investigate the Short Shift!!! Ahhhh it never ends!!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Nope none! I just have to let them know what they are costs etc!

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
Hey Andy
Looks like you & me both are going to be busy doing a couple of similar jobs including the RR beam mts. Pitman bushes were done a little while a go
Still got the full insp2 & suspension springs to do this week & the fan heater blower today.
Im going to get PMW (01245 496739) to do the springs as the self levelling & geometry will need checking.
They set my car up before my trip to the Ring last yr. (It was the best its ever been.)
I totally agree with your comments on the pollen filter.
I change it twice a yr.

Good luck with your trip to the Ring & heres hoping the RR beam bushes pull out ok for you...(They can be a bit*h)

Regards
Farrell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts