·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Nice pick-up - and cloth seats FTW!

Details?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
The things I would do for that engine... well not many. Nice addition!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The deets:
This was a 1 owner car(a doctor), with 76,047 miles traded in to Autonation Toyota Tempe for...wait for it...a Camry. Originally listed for $16.4k, I got it for $12.9k. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
that is a killer killer deal. There is one with 10K less miles local to me at a BMW going for $21K, although it is a last year of E53 2006 and as such a 4.8is. But still!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
After taking possession of the car I took it in for a detail and then down to the Atlanta area to my tech (Alex @ Alex Auto Inc) for a Post Purchase Inspection. In addition to what was done at the dealer upon trade in (a window regulator, windshield washer pump, turn signal bulb and two new rears) Alex replaced the kidney grills, hood shocks, tranny fluid, filter and pan gasket, air filter, front driveshaft flex disc, and changed the oil. Other than that he said it looked very nice.

Picture heavy for just a stocker E53 I know, but here it is...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Very very nice. I am not to familiar with X5s, is this a first generation facelift model?

I am really a fan of the first X5s that came out in 99, they just look like and practically are SUV versions of the e38.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
How long is the cargo bed with tailgate down? Do back row fold as well?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cargo bed pulled out with tailgate down: approx 57" from the back of the rear seats to the end of the cargo shelf

Yes, the seats fold down flat for storage and are also power recliners when upright.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Cargo bed pulled out with tailgate down: approx 57" from the back of the rear seats to the end of the cargo shelf

Yes, the seats fold down flat for storage and are also power recliners when upright.
One of the best changes I made to mine was to swap out the steering wheel from the school bus wheel to an M wheel. Made a world of difference in feel.

Congrats...felt the same when I got mine a year ago...1 owner as well meticulously maintained as well

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
One of the best changes I made to mine was to swap out the steering wheel from the school bus wheel to an M wheel. Made a world of difference in feel.

Congrats...felt the same when I got mine a year ago...1 owner as well meticulously maintained as well
I suggest the E46 SMG M3 Steering Wheel (paddle shifer mod)... You'll thank me later jB88 :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
For some reason, I prefer E53 over E70 X5. 4.6is and 4.8is sounds great stock but with exhaust mods, its amazing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts