BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I must say am not the greatest with a camera. My dad stopped by today so I took a few flicks. His is 2003 royal red mine 2000 silverstone. I will try to take some better pics, but tell me what you think:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I think it's awesome that you both have the same car. The iconic thing is to pass the father's car to the son, but this is just great. Like a "me too, buddy" kind of friendship.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My dad had a 540i and I just one upped him... granted he probably would have bought an M5 had he found one with the luxury interior when he was looking.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He drives CRAZY, but I think I can get him:M5rev:. Today's the first time he brought his car out since the weather has warmed up so we haven't had a chance to go for a drive yet.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Great pics but I have a question. One car looks like it has shadow chrome wheels and the other looks normal, I was under the impression shadow chrome was the only option?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Great pics but I have a question. One car looks like it has shadow chrome wheels and the other looks normal, I was under the impression shadow chrome was the only option?
+1

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Where in LI are you guys, by the way?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Hey long island guys.... thurs night best buy in garden city whats up this thurs

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think the Silverstone 5er has the brake dust option. :hihi:

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
This is the only car I have purchased that my dad wanted to drive.... pretty cool you each have one.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do have shadow chrome and he has chrome, and yes my car was a little dirty. I'll try and make it thursday and my car will be nice and clean. My dad lives in brooklyn so if you guys see that car give him a beep he's a pretty cool guy.:cool2:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
nice shots man, I've had my silverstone up next to some indianapolis red E60 M5's and the contrast between the two is absolutely awesome.

that's a beautiful pair of father/son cars you've got there. :thumbsup:

- Tim

(first shot is from the DFW meet with Gustav last August, 2nd was taken in Mora NM last September when my neighbor was showing me some of the more spectacular driving roads in NM)

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
I keep telling my mom it would be the perfect car for her. She's more of a driver than my dad. I keep insisting, but they won't listen.

Glad your father is a wise man. cherrsagai

1 - 18 of 18 Posts