BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would definitely be interested in an improved NA plenum so add me to that list. Can't wait to see more on this project.

Eric

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Lots of progress, still need to iron a few things out that a few local guys are helping with. I still need to build the resonance flap shaft and linkage or require you guys to send me your plenum so I can use your parts or just let you guys do it. I've got all the bearings needed and can easily do the shafts but then it adds to the cost. Also need to decide on a solution for the CCV setup and if I'm going to change it or leave it stock . . . Like I said lots of things to iron out.

-Greg

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So I've finished the design for a few ancillary parts that are required to make this work. First off is the oil filter housing take off plate, this deletes the stock housing and provides ports for the stock sensors as well as input and outputs from the filter and cooler. The cooler can be stock with new lines or can be a water to oil system I've been working on. The oil filter is a spin unit used on the M1 and I'm still working on the filter plate for air to oil setups (needs a thermostat). These mods are needed to allow for the increased size and to allow for clean flow and if all goes well some tweaked velocity stacks that MAY pick up some missing donkeys (Need to dyno). I've also settled on the crank case ventilation setup just need to get some time on it. All in all things are going well guys and I'm excited for 2018.

-Greg

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for the update Greg! Obviously this is a more complicated project than many of would have thought! Thanks again!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well the website is getting closer as is the first set of prototypes for testing of the plenum, we also have a solution for the resonance flap actuator being NLA. Working on integrating it all into our new web presence. Sorry to slam the forum with similar posts but we have a lot to offer you guys starting this year and we're all very excited.

Coming_0118_1 by 93FIM5, on Flickr

-Greg

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So here are some pics of test fitting the filter plate. This or our take off plate is required for either the NA plenum or the FI plenum due to the enlarged volume. Unit is harder to access than stock s38 of course but easier than a m20 in a e30. And unlike other plenums that aren’t even variable resonance you can change your filter without removing the plenum. Unit interfaces with our Laminova water to oil cooler or your own external air to oil cooler with added thermostat. Designed to use our AN or Adel Wiggins line adapters or other suppliers AN adapters for stock housings.

-Greg

Attachments

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
20 Participants
93FIM5
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing