BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't even know what the name of the light is, nor can I see how to get to it. It is the small orange light outboard the turn signal in the headlight assembly.

(Not my car picture borrowed from the web)

I've tried looking it up on realoem and pelican but the pictures don't really show the bulb I'm looking for , nor how to get to it. So since I don't have a name, the search function of the board is lost on me. Can anyone tell me what the name of it is, the spec, and if I can get at it without having to remove the whole headlight assembly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
300 Posts
This light is part of the Halo/Angel Eyes. Within the headlight there are 3 or 4 tubes that run through behind the lens and shroud that bring the light to the small little spec at the side. Have you had any issues with your halos not working?

It should only be on when those are on.

You can see them in this picture, but as I said they are illuminated by the LED/Halo bulb or whatever you have.

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/cwise1212/media/540i%20Pics/e39%20Headlights/IMG_8741_zpsf93c2b97.jpg.html

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I love this forum/community. Indeed, my angel eyes are out. I was so clued in on "check side lights" that I didn't even notice they weren't on. It would also explain why I wasn't able to locate the bulb, since there wasn't one specific to that location.

Thanks

Reactions: Wishin4anM5
1 - 3 of 3 Posts