BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in the Year2000 M Power brochure that all Y2K M cars w/ the M Mobility System (i.e. M5, M Roadster, & M Coupe) have Lifetime BMW Roadside Assistance. Can anybody confirm this ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Chugani,

What dealership are you getting your M5 from? I'm first on the list at Ganley BMW for a 2001 M5.

- jmk...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had to use BMW roadside this morning for a flat (cracked stem)

Aside from a 70 minute wait, was quite easy and no problems. The tow truck (flatbed) driver offered to take it to a shop open on Sunday for the repair, but as I asked my girl come with the Jeep I decided to let the BMW shop deal with it.

The young lady I spoke with at BMW Roadside didnt remember the "Lifetime Roadside Assistance" until I mentioned I had a M5....no biggie...was a pretty smooth resolution....first time in 5 years aint too shabby

Cheers, -Brian

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
This might be the record for "back from the dead posts"..

6 years 4 months...

Let us know what BMW charges you for that cracked stem. Most tire stores would fix it for free if you bought your tires there....

A

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Any advantage to using the BMW roadside vs say AAA or your insurance's roadside? Any documentation on the BMW one? Limit of miles (AAA is 200 for me), supposed to be only a BMW shop? Etc...?

·
Registered
40 Posts
jaza45 said:
wow, I didnt know this, my m5 hast the Mobility system but it has been used, does anybody if bmw would replace it for free or do I still have to pay to replace it?
They will replace for free (within the 3/36 or 4/50 maintenace) if its outside the 3 year shelf life (sticker on bottom of kit). They weren't going to replace mine since it was 3/36 for the MY01, but since it was technically out of date June 04 it was swapped out free-O-charge.

Its about $30 if I remember correctly

·
Registered
40 Posts
VetteRacer said:
Any advantage to using the BMW roadside vs say AAA or your insurance's roadside? Any documentation on the BMW one? Limit of miles (AAA is 200 for me), supposed to be only a BMW shop? Etc...?
I'd go with what you are comfortable with....I believe BMW uses AAA for the logistics anyways, so there is probably no difference, aside from what the "free" service limitations are.... which is tow (flatbed) to your BMW service center of choice within 50 miles or the closest BMW center, if outside the 50 mile radius.

Here's the link to BMWNA's info http://www.bmwusa.com/owners/roadside?navid=owners_roadsideassistance

M cars get the lifetime roadside for tire-related issues (so basically if you have a blown clutch, let the air out of one tire before the tow gets there:biggrin: )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts