BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years life was easy, buy a car get bored and find another to amuse. In between times it goes in for servicing and one spends a couple of hours or so weekly giving it a wash and polish. All looks fine.

A few bad dealership experiences cause a ramp to be purchased to do the work oneself, great at first - easy access, great satisfaction but then calamity.

Have you seen the mess under there? rusty components, nuts, bolts and washers so for a pastime two years ago stripped it out, brushed it off, sprayed the bits with satin hammerite fitted new nuts/bolts/washers from the dealership and it looked half decent under a skin of waxoyl.

Just been under again and yes back to square one! what would be a good fix? strip out, powder coat the components and what about the fixings - I thought yes stainless steel - but no too brittle and therefore potentially lethal.

As I said "life used to be so easy" before I knew that a nice shiny car on the outside is just a s---y rusty mess below... before the ramp I lived happily like an ostrich but now I have to find a way - help!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
LOL I can understand that ... thank god I don't have one, but hanging around a garage because you're friends with the owner does prove to be an expensive business, as I'm always wanting things "right".

Good luck

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Hi Richard , former member cookiemonster previously mentioned the following co to me in my E28 M5 thread :

Quote : undersealing the best company by far in the uk is before an after .location newbury berks.
they steamclean the underside,
dried in special booth .
and clean it and the chassis rails etc with the stuff they clean the harrier jump jet engines out.and then waxoyl injected.
belive me the money you are spending on repairs ,it is well worth the cost .
comes with a five year guaranttee ,if any rust shows in that time ,
go back full a free of charge retreatment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts