BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After getting lasered yesterday, (as i was approaching a red light, no less) i figured it's time to get a move on with the lidatek. I had not yet seen laser in use in my part of the bay area, but low and behold, a motorcycle cop pointing his gun at me, and my V1 going off with it's laser alert...
(didn't get a ticket, as i was slowing down very slowly for the red light. I have my track pads on and they squeel much less if you are light on the pedal)

So i place an order for the le30 (i think that's the one) and within 2 hours i've got an email that it's been shipped! Holy smokes, talk about service! Very impressive guys, nice work...
Mike

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Let us know how the install goes, Mike.

I've still got my LE-30 in the box it came in (which replaced the LE-20 that never left its box.... see a pattern?).

I just got zapped last week on one of my favorite twisty roads after it straightened out. I've already trained my eye to look for LIDAR operating Crown Vics at a certain spot (2222 and Mesa, for you locals), and wouldn't you know, the sumb!tch was standing on foot with his revenue-weapon pointed at me! He blended right in with the brush behind him.

I was zipping along with the tunes cranked, and out of my peripheral vision, I see an officer sprinting toward his cruiser, with a citizen observer in tow. DOH!! This is gonna hurt. 69/45.

Gotta get this Lidatek project off the ground! Do post any lessons learned after you do yours. You always manage to make it easier for the next guy!

-Dave

·
Registered
220 Posts
Worth it.

Mine has only gone off once. I was on the GW parkway heading out of DC, got stuck behind a clump of slow moving traffic because the clown in the left lane didn't want to allow traffic to move by, then when he moves a taxi jumps in front of me and I have to wait for him to move. When the taxi finally ambles over I jump on it and just as I hit 80 all hell breaks loose. Both the Lidatek and the V1 start squeeling and man those babies are loud. I stomp on the brakes and downshift and before you know it I'm back with the clump of traffic. Then the squeelin starts again (note to self; once you slow down turn off the Lidatek) and I look into the park entrance to my right to see a cop intensely shaking his laser gun. Priceless. :biggrin:

Although its only gone off once, I figured it has paid for itself. Good luck.

·
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with the two transponder unit, mainly because that's what most of the people on this board did! Also, it's a fairly big car, so more coverage is better, and i'd like to mount mine in the grill, to be a little more hidden, which might reduce it's effectiveness.
Mike

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Dave,

Did your V1 give you a laser warning as you got hit?

Travis

P.S. Nice to see you on the board again, I've always enjoyed your posts. How many miles on that M5 now?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
M5Kid said:
Did your V1 give you a laser warning as you got hit?

...How many miles on that M5 now?
Hey Travis-

My V1 squawked like a little girl, but I had the 'tunes cranked, and I'm afraid I've begun to discount her warnings, since every other HID-equipped Infiniti or LED-wearin' Envoy seems to set it off. Now if I'd gotten off my arse and installed the LE-30, then two piercing warning shreiks would have been too much to ignore!

And my Beastmistress is at 78K and climbing. Thanks for asking!

-Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts