BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, several months ago I replaced my dual transducer LE-20 system with a single transducer LE-30. I mounted it to the bottom of the front license plate holder. I wanted the license plate as a target for the laser. I haave previously posted multiple saves with the LE-20 system, but until today had not been lasered with the LE-30 in place.

This morning I got hit in my home town on a street that has a posted limit of 25. No one does 25 on this road but a cop informed my friend that they use 40 as a cut-off there before stopping someone. I was doing 45 - 48 and got hit. My V1 never went off but the Lidatek LE-30 went off immediately and I took my foot off the gas and let the engine slow the beast down to 35 as I went by him and noticed him looking at the gun quizzically!

Next I drove up to Columbus (about 120 miles away) and on the way home got hit while cruising at about 85 in a 65. Both the V1 and Lidatek went off this time, probably because he started hitting me at a much greater distance than earlier in the day. Once again, I was able to drop down to 70 as I passed him and he never even looked at me! I didn't have time to see if he had a stunned look on his face or not.

Just thought I'd share this as I know there has been some concern about whether a single transducer was adequate coverage or if the dual system was needed. The single worked for me anyway, but I'd say if you want to be sure, go for the dual.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
What? Only two saves in one day! Boy Steve, you must be really taking it easy on the streets these days. :7:
Seriously, glad all ended well for you!
Anita

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Anita...for some reason, my right foot has gotten a bit lighter as I've gotten older! :hihi:

Not to fear...I'm seeing a podiatrist this week and he's going to add some lead weights to my right foot to correct the situation. :1:

BTW, I failed to mention that I did hit 140 a few times on the way up!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
....the look on the cops face.... PRICELESS! :D

Lidatek really does work, and works well :15:

Xray - good job avoiding monetary contributions to government and insurance co. grrrrrrr

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
XrayMD said:
Anita...for some reason, my right foot has gotten a bit lighter as I've gotten older! :hihi:

Not to fear...I'm seeing a podiatrist this week and he's going to add some lead weights to my right foot to correct the situation. :1:

A few times??? Yeah, that's what I figured. :biggrin:

I would have hated to seen you back in the day. Yikes, you probably needed wrap around radar detectors.

Anita

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
XrayMD said:

Hey, you forget to shift out of 4th?? :1: :M5launch:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
212 Posts
Has anybody in the forum, especially in the UK, been caught using a laser jammer like the Lidatek. I would be interested to find out.

ALso has anybody got an LE30 running with a Road Angel.

I am thinking about getting both together but not heard any reports yet on the two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts