BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a drive out this nice evening and saw 3 people pulled over over the span of 10 minutes on Northern Blvd. and on Shelter Rock Road in the Manhassett area...once again, I was cresting a hill on Northern Blvd heading west during about 40 in a 35 and both the lidatek and v1 go off...meantime, someone passes me during around 50 and gets pulled over...thx, lidatek!

Mike

·
Registered
635 Posts
Mike

Quick question, Just wanted to know if your V1 is hardwired and who did the install

Regards,

Marion

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mvious said:
Mike

Quick question, Just wanted to know if your V1 is hardwired and who did the install

Regards,

Marion

Marion,

The V1 is hardwired..that I did myself. The Lidatek install was done at Detailing Dynamics in Mineola. Give Matt a call at 516-747-4114

mike

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just curious to know where you V1 is mounted. The reason I ask is because I have already installed the Lidatek, and wanted to get the V1 installed with the Stealth One. I went to 2 shops for estimates.

The 1st shop advised me $1,200 which included the cost for the V1 the rest was labor. I already have the Stealth One.

The 2nd shop advised me $900.00 which included the cost for the V1.

Dont wanna be frugal but is that expnsive

Regards

Marion

·
Registered
439 Posts
shoot i'll do it for 50 bux!< just kidding

you could have an indie install it for 1hour labor , just by the stuff.

ray

·
Registered
164 Posts
Paciullo said:
Took a drive out this nice evening and saw 3 people pulled over over the span of 10 minutes on Northern Blvd. and on Shelter Rock Road in the Manhassett area...once again, I was cresting a hill on Northern Blvd heading west during about 40 in a 35 and both the lidatek and v1 go off...meantime, someone passes me during around 50 and gets pulled over...thx, lidatek!

Mike
With all due respect, anyone who doesn't know Shelter Rock Road is a ticket waiting to happen deserves what they get. ouich

Northern Blvd, well, there's usually some dumba** acting as a rabbit. I stay well behind him. But where on Northern did this happen?

In any case, thanks for posting.

=NLK=

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nlk10010 said:
With all due respect, anyone who doesn't know Shelter Rock Road is a ticket waiting to happen deserves what they get. ouich

Northern Blvd, well, there's usually some dumba** acting as a rabbit. I stay well behind him. But where on Northern did this happen?

In any case, thanks for posting.

=NLK=

This happened just west of the Americana mall. The cop was sitting of the side with all lights off about 500 feet past the western end of the mall. It's a popular spot as it's the second time the LIdatek went off in the past 2 months.

Mike

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Mvious said:
The 1st shop advised me $1,200 which included the cost for the V1 the rest was labor. I already have the Stealth One.

The 2nd shop advised me $900.00 which included the cost for the V1.

Dont wanna be frugal but is that expnsive
Man, I'll say. You don't happen to have a 'sucker' tatoo on your forehead... (joke- clearly not since you didn't agree to have it done)

$400 for the V1... figure 2 hours (thats generous). Your cheap guy is getting $250 an hour.

Reminds me of that joke- Doctor has a stuck valve. Wife calls the plumber. Plumber quotes the doctor $400 to replace the valve. Doctor says, 'criminy- that's an hour job- I'm a neurosurgeon, and even I don't make that much.'

Plumber says, "Hey neither did I when I was a neurosurgeon"

Sorry, I digress...

There's some posts on DIY. Maybe cut a deal based on 2 hours...

Adam

·
Registered
167 Posts
Marion,

You may want to see the thread I started entitled "Radar Detector Questions."

I am not a mechanic or an electrician, but I did manage to hardwire both my V1 and my Stealthone. The instructions are pretty good (not great) and it took me a few hours. If I had to do it over it would take me 1-2 hours.

The hardest thing about the Stealthone is getting to that I BUS wire behing the glove. It was really difficult.

Tapping into power in the overhead panel (garage door opener/sunroof switch) is a joke. Very easy.

One other thing - I'm thinking of tint on my Carbon Black 2001. Can you tell me what kind of tint you have (both brand name and level of tint - keep in mind I don't understand the numbers). Looks great.

Pete

·
Registered
239 Posts
You can see my car with the Huperoptik tint which is supposed to be the least likely to interfere with radar, satellite, cell phone, and radio reception because it is a non-metallic film. That being said, many people with metalized films are doing so with good results.

My car is on my web site at: http://www.m-powered.com

David

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I've read good things on Detailing Dynamics. If you want to come to Westchester, I recommend giving AI Design a call. They do excellent work and will make the work as invisible as possible. Check them out at: www.aidesign.com .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts