BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've done a search through the archives so please forgive me if I have missed it.

I'm looking at a 1999 M5 and as such looking for the 16:9 + Mk4 setup.

Are the Nav4 + 16:9 boardmonitors a worldwide part? (other than different languages)

Just that I have found this auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7970558807

which lists different part numbers than say are available at bimmernav.

If anyone has perhaps done this with a RHD then I would be interested to know the P/N's required.

Cheers,
Aaron

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
hi aaron,

I've updated my system to the mkiv widescreen unit and have a uk rhd car.

the mkiv unit thats mounted in the boot, is the same worldwide, just needs to have the latest firmware (v25) and correct language set.

the screen is slightly more tricky, as there are units from the X5 series which look identical and connectup/fit fine, but the contrast/brightness is different, as the dash is angled steeper on the x5 than the e39.. its better to get a monitor from another e39 if possible. I'm not sure if the x5 can have the brightness adjusted, so that it works in an e39.. presumably should be possible, but only at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tin said:
hi aaron,

I've updated my system to the mkiv widescreen unit and have a uk rhd car.

the mkiv unit thats mounted in the boot, is the same worldwide, just needs to have the latest firmware (v25) and correct language set.

the screen is slightly more tricky, as there are units from the X5 series which look identical and connectup/fit fine, but the contrast/brightness is different, as the dash is angled steeper on the x5 than the e39.. its better to get a monitor from another e39 if possible. I'm not sure if the x5 can have the brightness adjusted, so that it works in an e39.. presumably should be possible, but only at the dealer.
Hi tin,

Thanks for that ... do you possibly have the correct part numbers that I should be looking for?

In OZ the TV module is standard equipment, I've done some reading but cannot find a definitive answer as to if the MK2 TV module is compat with with the mk4, is TV standard in the UK also?

Cheers,
Aaron

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
aaronmiles said:
Hi tin,

Thanks for that ... do you possibly have the correct part numbers that I should be looking for?

In OZ the TV module is standard equipment, I've done some reading but cannot find a definitive answer as to if the MK2 TV module is compat with with the mk4, is TV standard in the UK also?

Cheers,
Aaron
don't have the part no's to hand.. but yes i have the tv option too, but sadly its not compatible with the mkiv (well sortof), it will work, but you will only see everything in a 4:3 format, in the centre of the screen, to get the full 16:9 you need to get your tv tuner module, reprogrammed, or a newer tv module, I got a new module from navtv, which was also unlocked (tv on the go).

if you can live without the tv tuner, then bypassing the white/blue plugs and hooking it up with the tv connected, will get you the full widescreen 16:9 view, but alas no tv ;)

I've got the av inputs hooked up too, so can connect up dvd/cameras etc and view them onscreen, working on getting a couple of other bits hooked up..interior seems alittle std ouich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.