BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
About $2k. Not terribly expensive, but not exactly chump change either.

I'll probably buy one as I get some more time to spend on it. I was hot and heavy on it fit a couple of weeks and then received higher tasking. Women...like a bedroom is more important. Pft.

I need to get a couple of engines put back together first too.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I have two DCT's available. I don't think you'll find one for less than what I can sell one for. Just sayin' :)
I have to stop making really, really dumb mistakes ordering parts from BMW first. Unless you want to trade one for 10 new in package S65/S85 connecting rods. That kind of hurt my wallet.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Jim my car is ready for a trip whenever you are ready for a test car :wink

·
Registered
7,498 Posts

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am following your thread with great interest. DCT conversion was my ultimate project. My smg gone bad on second gear syncromesh. I have replaced it with a 5000km used one in 2010. Then, I have made an reseach four years ago on DCT dimensions and and invested on a e92 dct gearbox from ebay. Now i have an e92 m3 dct and std. smgIII in my garage. It is mechanically possible as you have mentioned also. Electronic side was my concern and i have discussed with some friends who has experience on bmw electronics. They said it is really hard and i may need custom software for dme, if the CAN messages are different in smg-dme and dct-dme. Like rpm adjustment. If you will be successful it will be a huge motivation for me to start. And I hope you will. If you need and dimensions or any stuff on any of gearboxes that i can help, I would be happy to do it.
Tanay

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Hey guys,
Great work here. I've been lurking on this thread and though the coding and programming requirements are beyond my skill I think it's a very interesting and doable concept. I part out M3's and M5's so am familiar with their similarities, sometimes wondering if BMW hadn't thought about continuing the S85 platform with a DCT since it's almost uncanny how similar they are. I sold Jay the flywheel and have the DCT transmission for sale. I also usually have a lot of S65 stuff available so let me know if I can be of service. I don't mind marking things down for the cause. ;)
Dean, sent you a PM, want to see what you can do for me for the good cause we are trying to do here :wink

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Jim, you should have a DCT arriving soon, hopefully we get good results with the testing and such. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
I don't believe that last part haha
Ok maybe the last transmission related mod :wink I am still working on adding more power at this time.

121 - 140 of 313 Posts
About this Discussion
312 Replies
64 Participants
terraphantm
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing