BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

441 - 460 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
sorry mate,

Yet another Alex Gintani.

Gareth is full of hopes and dreams and had me waiting for a very long time (over a year before we decided to just do it ourselves) it all collapsed when Syvecs decided to no longer pursue this project with Gareth.

Gareth Howell owns Elise racing and Howell engineering.
Previous page of this thread RD_Nuno mentioned that Elise Racing had abandoned the project

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have not heard back from HTG yet but I have found an answer from their youtube video the GCU will fit with any engine. I think it maybe the most possible approach for our vechile. I am planning to do the swap after this year's track session.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Reached HTG tunning on facebook after no email reply a couple days, they said their email server is down and that's why no reply so far. The good news is they have confirmed their GCU will work with MSS65 ECU and they can send CAN bus configuration as well.

The reply from MaxxECU is a complete disaster. After initial negative reply, I wrote them again saying some customers actually running S85 on their ECU then they replied they do have customers running S85 but they dont provide any startup mapping or any support. I then asked if they can referr me to any (U.S) dealer whom may have experience in this setup. After 5 days of no reply, they replied and saying they dont record customer's setup so they can not provide any information.

At this point, I dont have any confidence with MaxxECU, their attitude is like they dont want my business and trying to push me away. I will order HTG GCU with their DTC wiring harness, at least I know they will stand behind their product. According to all the videos available online with different other vechiles, I think HTG GCU should be a solution that will 100% works.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just need the messages to be able to rev match and put ecu into manual mode and it should be straight forward the application of htg is nice too. Been playing around with the settings over the past couple of weeks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just need the messages to be able to rev match and put ecu into manual mode and it should be straight forward the application of htg is nice too. Been playing around with the settings over the past couple of weeks
Good to know you are already on that! Will OEM dash and HUD still able to show current gear?

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is Soo exciting. Can someone please explain in detail what parts would be needed and if this is now tried and tested.

Also any video of the E60 M5 with dct with this conversion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
This is Soo exciting. Can someone please explain in detail what parts would be needed and if this is now tried and tested.

Also any video of the E60 M5 with dct with this conversion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
it’s still very new. I’m going through the htg software at the moment and seeing what can be done message wise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
it’s still very new. I’m going through the htg software at the moment and seeing what can be done message wise.
Does this means the dct is working but only does not display the gear on the cluster and HUD or still trying to make the dct work with the m5?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does this means the dct is working but only does not display the gear on the cluster and HUD or still trying to make the dct work with the m5?
We know dct works on the e6x platform with oem modules. Still unknown how.
HTG is the next alternative. The messages would have to be found for gear number but I don’t think that’s going to be hard to figure out.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Is this a standalone?

·
Registered
57 Posts
HTG GCU will replace DCT transmission's TCU, it will receive control signal from shifter or paddle directly then control gear shift and clutch. It does require some communication to ECU for rev match at downshifting, and tell ECU what gear the transmission is currently on.

·
Registered
298 Posts
HTG GCU will replace DCT transmission's TCU, it will receive control signal from shifter or paddle directly then control gear shift and clutch. It does require some communication to ECU for rev match at downshifting, and tell ECU what gear the transmission is currently on.
Will it be able to be configurable to read things like temp and other sensors? And speak back to ecu?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sorry, just went back to read previous post. It seems their GCU can read mss65 CAN protocol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Would love to see a step by step tutorial for the conversion from smg to dct and what all would be required.

Really looking forward to dct on the v10

·
Registered
298 Posts
Would love to see a step by step tutorial for the conversion from smg to dct and what all would be required.

Really looking forward to dct on the v10
I wouldn't hold my breath. However, I hope it will; on track DCT will be awesome.

441 - 460 of 460 Posts