BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
The launch control logic is also the same. The only difference is a flag animation in the e9x KOMBI. I do not see anything in the e60 coding traces for DKG but a few other ones do, including the CIC and EKPM.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
The launch control logic is also the same. The only difference is a flag animation in the e9x KOMBI. I do not see anything in the e60 coding traces for DKG but a few other ones do, including the CIC and EKPM.
So you're saying the display on the E9x cluster shows something for launch control? Seems relatively useless as long as the transmission works.

Edit: You may need to make a trip to Maine if ACG and I work out the details on this. I'm not ready to commit on my own project until late this year or early next year.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
My wife rolled her eyes at me when I printed one for our kitchen renovation.
hiha
Luckily I do not have one of those anymore :eek

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
So you're saying the display on the E9x cluster shows something for launch control? Seems relatively useless as long as the transmission works.

Edit: You may need to make a trip to Maine if ACG and I work out the details on this. I'm not ready to commit on my own project until late this year or early next year.
I'm in 100%, just let me know when.

- and, yes. When launch control is activated in e9x there is an animated race flag that waves. BUT i'm with you....as long as it works, I could do without the flag.

Can someone with scan software please unplug their SMG controller from the PT can and cycle they key so we can see which messages DME is looking for on the can from the SMG? (I don't have my car right now)

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
I don't even use LC any longer, as long as I can shift faster then that is all I need at this time.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
hiha
Luckily I do not have one of those anymore :eek
You got rid of you kitchen? :eek

I'm in 100%, just let me know when.

- and, yes. When launch control is activated in e9x there is an animated race flag that waves. BUT i'm with you....as long as it works, I could do without the flag.
I'll work up a rough price sheet for Paul and see how it looks. I'm still looking in ISTA at the DCT wiring diagrams to see where the other end of the DCT loom connects.

I have a spreadsheet I was using to match up mss65 wiring to a Motec M190. I cleared it and I'm starting to build one for the DCT. I'll put it on googledocs and post the link here.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
You got rid of you kitchen? :eek

I'll work up a rough price sheet for Paul and see how it looks. I'm still looking in ISTA at the DCT wiring diagrams to see where the other end of the DCT loom connects.

I have a spreadsheet I was using to match up mss65 wiring to a Motec M190. I cleared it and I'm starting to build one for the DCT. I'll put it on googledocs and post the link here.
It branches out 2 ways to connectors x6031 x6021. Technically all we need to do is make an adapter harness from the 2 affected connectors on teh smg controller down to the round 20 pin @ the dct.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
It branches out 2 ways to connectors x6031 x6021. Technically all we need to do is make an adapter harness from the 2 affected connectors on teh smg controller down to the round 20 pin @ the dct.
I'm willing to bet that changing the shifter is pointless. It has to receive those signals the same way the SMG does.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm willing to bet that changing the shifter is pointless. It has to receive those signals the same way the SMG does.
IF the DCT shifter transmits the same can messages as it's smg counterpart, changing it would be an unneeded expense aside from the physical appearance.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Actually, thinking about it now, one thing I really like about the DCT is the emergency release cable. That shifter might be of use. Trying to find the wiring diagram for the SMG shifter now.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I think shift requests are sent over the GWS LIN.
I can't find the wiring diagram you posted in my ISTA, but yes, I think you're right. For SMG, it's a single line for up and a single for down. All the electronics are inside the shifters, so it may require the shift lever as well.

There's a lot going on with the SMG module, not present in the DCT. Hood latch switch inputs, shift lever park lock release, etc.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Holy crap. That footwell module A4011 is a rabbit hole. I hope that signal to the Drivelogic switch is just an enable or something. Terminal 58G.

Edit: Nevermind, the 58G just provides LED power for the drivelogic switch.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
The L_CAN between SMG and DME could be a show stopper as DCT does not have an L_LIN anywhere. Do you know what the L_LIN is for and what info is txd/rxd on it? It looks like it only goes from SMG to DME
You're the EE, I just play one in the Navy. Serial bus for local message traffic between the two? Decipherable with an O-scope?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
The L_CAN between SMG and DME could be a show stopper as DCT does not have an L_CAN anywhere. Do you know what the L_CAN is for and what info is txd/rxd on it? It looks like it only goes from SMG to DME

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Oh wait, is that the LL-CAN for the idle actuators? The SMG talks to/with the DME and them. They are notated as LLS (leerlauft)

21 - 40 of 313 Posts
About this Discussion
312 Replies
64 Participants
terraphantm
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing