Jim, please get back to me via my email if you still need a test car: [email protected]***test car needed***
Well, my plans for the vehicle I was going to test the DCT in have fallen through. The owner is not willing to wait and want the car back for the summer, so the engine will be going back in (suffered a broken piston ring) land next week with the SMG it arrived with. I'm a little disappointed, but understand as it wasn't the plan when the car arrived in the first place.
I am actively pursuing a test car for this project. I am 99% certain I have covered every aspect of this conversion from mechanical (trivial), electrical (easy), and programming (difficult, but sorted). I have a DME programmed for the DCT and calibrated already. There are close to 100 hours in the creation of this binary file.
I am looking for someone willing to commit to the financial responsibility of purchasing the needed hardware (DCT, shift knob, coolers, misc, and diff) and I will comp the labor charges associated. Ideally from the New England area so I can monitor long term health, etc, but not essential.
SMG and related components will be retained by me for recovery of some of the massive labor that goes into this.
Anyone seriously interested, please contact me.
I can give you my m6 for the entire summer. I am leaving for my country anyway, which means I would let you have my car throughout the summer alone without asking to let me have my beast back until october
and you know how much I spent for this car with you tune and headers.
DCT conversion will transform everything I am able to pay for DCT parts needed
It would be honored to be a guniue pig, plus the motor has only put down 40000miles.
Let me know, I have other things to ask too, if you can help me while you drop the motor