BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

181 - 200 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
As Jim said the project is not dead, I just got busy with life in general but in the next month if Jim does not get the funds he needs then I will purchase the Motec system that he has mentioned. However if there is any other way to get the coding completed then that would be great as I am sure not many people want to spend 4k on a Motec system.

Oh yeah the purchase of my new car did not help with the funding of this project either lol!!

To clarify what ACG means, my first choice would be to implement something using the OEM DME and DCT control units as it's the most straightforward for mass use.

However, I have a deep burning desire to use a Motec standalone in an S85 car retaining full use of everything OEM. ACG and I discussed briefly and it's a massive programming effort, but worth it in the long run to bring a new ECU option for us.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
That is a lot of programming work and when sold a lot of responsibility. Yikes. But great if you can pull it off. Academically super interesting. For that reason alone I am in. But no time for this right now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm starting my DCT transmission swap and I am anticipating to finish it with in 3 months.

Great, have you got the software part sorted out?

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am located in Los Angeles, CA. I'm tired of the SMG so I'm going to be doing the whole swap for DCT. Yesterday I ordered my DCT transmission and flywheel. The whole build takes roughly a month, it's all custom made by Gintani in house.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am located in Los Angeles, CA. I'm tired of the SMG so I'm going to be doing the whole swap for DCT. Yesterday I ordered my DCT transmission and flywheel. The whole build takes roughly a month, it's all custom made by Gintani in house.
I'm in Orange County CA, if your turn out ok I will send mine to them as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Whats your ballpark budget for this?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Test fitting the DCT, fits better than I had expected ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Test fitting the DCT, fits better than I had expected ;)

Ok that's great news, now it's just down to all the electronics, that's the problem, fitment is possible but now to find a mad scientist to make it all work!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Ok that's great news, now it's just down to all the electronics, that's the problem, fitment is possible but now to find a mad scientist to make it all work!
Mad scientist is already found and hard at work ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mad scientist is already found and hard at work ;)
I'm so excited hahaa I can't wait!! Best sounding V10 with ligntning fast dct shifts?!!?!! :nerd

·
Registered
145 Posts
Good luck with the project! My DCT project starts this coming week. I can't wait until it's fully complete.
Where is everyone doing these dct transmission swaps at? :dunno:

181 - 200 of 313 Posts
About this Discussion
312 Replies
64 Participants
terraphantm
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing