BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car stops very well so I’m not looking for more "stopping power" necessarily however, it would be a nice artifact should a new caliper/rotor upgrade produce this…

My issue is this: the stock calipers "look" like crap ( oxidation & minimal surface rust ) & I'd like to update this "look" to match that of an otherwise gorgeous vehicle.

Short of $3,000+ for new Brembos & cross drilled rotors, you guys have any recommendations as to how to achieve this? For example painting of, or aftermarket calipers only?

I could envision aftermarket calipers to match the perfectly fine rotors as well if anyone's got any for sale….. :D

Thanks in advance….

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I think it's more like $5000++ for Brembos all around. Your best bet might be to clean them up as best you can, then paint them black. Black isn't going to draw unwanted attention to the wimpy calipers, and also will tend to look clean much longer than if you used a lighter color such as red or silver. If it were me, while the wheels are off I would install braided stainless steel brake lines and bleed the system to firm up the pedal, then install some "dustless" pads. Wala!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts