BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off....I ran a locate of all the M5's in production, on order, bein shipped and what not...there are over 1,900 of them coming into the US!!!!!!!!!! :7: I work for a dealership and I can pretty much track any car in the country and since i care about you true fan, i wanna help you guys. If you guys would really like me to find out where your baby's are let me know the following info:

1)Region of the Country
2)Name of the Dealer that you bought the car from and State/Town
3)Production or VIN number
4)Exterior Color
5)Interior Color....be specfic if you full leather or non std leather
6)Provide any options if you would like
7) :7: :M5eyes:

My email is [email protected] if you have any questions!!!

Enjoy

·
Registered
100 Posts
bmw1986 said:
First off....I ran a locate of all the M5's in production, on order, bein shipped and what not...there are over 1,900 of them coming into the US!!!!!!!!!! :7: I work for a dealership and I can pretty much track any car in the country and since i care about you true fan, i wanna help you guys. If you guys would really like me to find out where your baby's are let me know the following info:

1)Region of the Country
2)Name of the Dealer that you bought the car from and State/Town
3)Production or VIN number
4)Exterior Color
5)Interior Color....be specfic if you full leather or non std leather
6)Provide any options if you would like
7) :7: :M5eyes: Thanks 1986, I live in chicago and need to see the various colors before making my final decisions. Can you tell how many cars are coming to the chi area so i can track them down and see them firsthand.Some of the larger dealers are bmw of westmont,feilds bmw ,perillo,elmhurst,patrick,jacobs..any info on there approx. arrival dates would help . esp. curious about the red int. thank you thank you thank you crg

Enjoy

·
Registered
829 Posts
bmw1986 said:
No offence but this seems kinda fishy to me. If you work at a BMW dealer then why not provide an email addy at that dealer? You're a student?

And people can get the current status of their car just by calling the BMW customer support line. If you're genuine about your offer then thanks but you can't be too carefull on the net.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
frylord said:
No offence but this seems kinda fishy to me. If you work at a BMW dealer then why not provide an email addy at that dealer? You're a student?

And people can get the current status of their car just by calling the BMW customer support line. If you're genuine about your offer then thanks but you can't be too carefull on the net.
Actually...ure wrong...i work there for 5 years i would like to have you know...i work part time......im Head of Client Relations and I work in the Finance and Delivery Department....

·
Registered
829 Posts
bmw1986 said:
Actually...ure wrong...i work there for 5 years i would like to have you know...i work part time......im Head of Client Relations and I work in the Finance and Delivery Department....
Well as a company owner myself I know for a fact that "part time" and "head of" are two things that do not go together. You provide an email addy at the Iona College not at the BMW dealer you work, as head of CR you surely must have an email addy there. You say you work parttime as head of CR eventhough CR is a 24 hour standby job.

Again no offence intended. If you are genuine about your offer then thanks but people can get the same information without trusting you with detailed information about their cars.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sounds like a car washer wanting to help track our cars with his girlfriend in parts dept. This is the same persone that asked "the board" what the color diff was between Silverstone and Titanium was? Yes you work there I am sure, but I question your possition. The 1-800 number for BMW NA is working just fine to track my car, no help needed, thx.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just change your iona.edu email address to a bmw dealer email address..and everyone's suspicions will be immediately squashed.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Would it make it easier if we also provided our bank account and social security numbers? Probably a Visa account number would make things even easier...

If your offer is legitimate, then my apologies...but your offer sure smells phishy.hmmm

·
Registered
431 Posts
The 5 teen's down the street want to help all of you "break your car in" so you all don't have to wait 1200 miles yourself. All they need are the keys, Visa card, title transfered to thier name and they promise to bring it back all ready for you.
Email them if your interested. [email protected]

floyd

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
m5floyd said:
The 5 teen's down the street want to help all of you "break your car in" so you all don't have to wait 1200 miles yourself. All they need are the keys, Visa card, title transfered to thier name and they promise to bring it back all ready for you.
Email them if your interested. [email protected]

floyd
Wow....kinda shocked but w/e....suite yourselves! Besides, all of my work gets emailed to me....i dont have to prove anything to anyone. Grow up

·
Registered
829 Posts
bmw1986 said:
Wow....kinda shocked but w/e....suite yourselves! Besides, all of my work gets emailed to me....i dont have to prove anything to anyone. Grow up
For a person who works at CR you're not very polite. We're not asking you to prove anything but this is the internet and you never know who's on the other end. You must understand yourself that your offer is kinda weird. Just cautioning other members before they blindly trust a stranger with very detailed information about their expensive cars.

·
Registered
331 Posts
bmw1986 said:
i dont have to prove anything to anyone. Grow up
haha conversion = "i cant prove it because it isnt true" ouich

·
Registered
714 Posts
bmw1986 said:
:LOL: which dealership are you representing? email? phone number?

frylord said:
For a person who works at CR you're not very polite.
exactly. and he is the Head. :viking:

·
Registered
537 Posts
After reading his post again. it just seems like he's offering to lookup not our existing orders but looking to match those who have not ordered their cars yet with their future cars

·
Registered
714 Posts
hal2000 said:
After reading his post again. it just seems like he's offering to lookup not our existing orders but looking to match those who have not ordered their cars yet with their future cars
don't think so.
he is asking for a "production number / VIN number"

·
Registered
829 Posts
Mardeth said:
Im guessing that 1986 is your birth year. Your 19...? Working there for 5 years...?
I was thinking of that aswell but 1986 could mean just about anythign and he could easily deny that it's his birthday.

1986 is the year BMW came out with the legendary 1.5 L4T engine for use in Formula 1 cars, was used by 4 teams back then. As the name suggests it's a 1.5 litre quad turbo engine. It could develop over 1600bhp under 73psi boost. Over 1000bhp per litre that was pretty crazy back then, come to think of it still is crazy. The problem was that the engine destroyed the rest of the car. The transmission was gone within a 5 laps. Some of the shafts got twisted sometimes upto 720 degrees and the turbos ran so hot that they would litteraly ignite anything around them, including the body of the car and the driver. They tuned it down to 600bhp so it could actually finish a race. This engine was everything Buggati was looking for in the Veyron (same problems too), except it's much smaller and lighter then that 6l W16 engine.

Seems like detuning has become BMW's life story. The S70/2 engine (the 4 valve version which was in the McLaren F1) could, according to BMW M inside sources, could develop upto 1000bhp. But it ment running the engine upto 10k rpm. According to the sources the engine could handle this easily but higher brass decided that there was no market for a 1000bhp car so they decided to scrap the engine and the car it was supposed to go into. The legendary, never produced and always denied M8. God I would've loved to see that car.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I would be very interesting to see what engineeres of big companies like BMW do with their spare time, cars they come up with, engines they produce to see how far they can go.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts