BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

What's everyone's opinion on choice of interior colours to go with a LeMans Blue exterior.

My choice so far is certainly the Titanium trim - I can't stand wood in cars!!!

I'm now undecided on whether to go with LeMans Blue or Silver Stone interior. Although I guess I'm kind of biased on the blue so far. What does everyone else think looks best?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Originally posted by merlin:
What's everyone's opinion on choice of interior colours to go with a LeMans Blue exterior.
Hi Merlin,
i've got a preview on my M5 yesterday. Delivery is on tuesday, because the paperwork is not done.My cars interion is LeMans Blue too... (best combo i think)

I'll make some better pictures on tuesday...

------------------
Dany

'01 M5 - lemans blue (Delivery on tuesday!)
'97 M3 - cosmos black

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'd go with Le Mans blue interior as it makes it unique to M5, no other cars can.
Originally posted by merlin:
Hi guys

My choice so far is certainly the Titanium trim - I can't stand wood in cars!!!

I'm now undecided on whether to go with LeMans Blue or Silver Stone interior. Although I guess I'm kind of biased on the blue so far. What does everyone else think looks best?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Congrats Danny.

The best combo for Le Mans is Le Mans sportive interior. I have the exact same combo on order. I'll post pics on the day it arrives.

Cheers!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have been thinking of Le Mans Blue with the Black Exclusive All Leather/Bruyere Club interior.

I want the all leather, only available with luxury. On the 740s and 540s I've seen, the burl looks washed out with an all black interior.

That combo is the combo in the brochure, so someone at BMW or their marketing firm thought it was a good combo also.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Originally posted by blue max:
Congrats Danny.

The best combo for Le Mans is Le Mans sportive interior. I have the exact same combo on order. I'll post pics on the day it arrives.

Cheers!
Thanks Max, last days waiting are the hardest...

------------------
Dany

'01 M5 - lemans blue (Delivery on tuesday!)
'97 M3 - cosmos black

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had the blue/black interior on my previous Etoril Blue Mroadster. Looked great on that car, but personally I think it doesn't go in the larger interior of M5.

I think with Le Mans blue, Silverstone works really well and compliments titanium trim.

What options are you adding?

When is your car arriving??

Steve

·
Registered
417 Posts
I ordered a Lemans/Lemans with aluminum trim, and now after having it for a couple weeks I wouldn't of done it any other way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lemans Blue with Silverstone Interior Is what I've been driving for four weeks now, and I have had nothing but positive feedback. I think Lemans with Lemans in and out Is A little too much for this car.

"01" M5 Lemans Blue / Silverstone Sportive.
"00" M5 Imola Red / Red and Black Sportive.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i have the lemans/silver sportive, and i love it. I saw a lemans/caramel exclusive all leather interior just this weekend and it was also very nice. I seen pics of the lemans/blue sportive interior and that also looks like a good match. Point is that anybody that has these matches will tell you that their combination is very nice/won't change it. Fact is that they are all very nice combinations, and i think i would be happy with any of them, they all look gorgeous. pick the one you personally like the most, any combination you cant go wrong.

fas

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all, and thanks for your feedback so far.

Danny - congratulations!!! and thanks for posting your pics, I'll look forward to some better quality ones as you say! - role on Tuesday hey

SteveG - the point about complementing the Titanium trim is one I have been thinking of as well. As far as options go;

Extended Nappa Leather
Graduated tinted screen
Navigation System
On-Board Monitor with TV
DSP Hi-Fi
Glass Sunroof
AC Schnitzer Aluminium Pedal set
AC Schnitzer rear spoiler (maybe)

My car doesn't arrive until Mar '01 ;( Are you importing or buying from the UK. Mine is from the UK. I thought I'd wait till 1st March and put it on a 'Y' plate, didn't think it made much sence getting it in February on an 'X'. When does yours arrive, and what options have you gone for?

John

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi John

I picked up my car at the end of May, Carbon Black & Silverstone. I bought it from a UK dealer as it would arrive in 6 weeks, and I got 10% discount.

I would think after recent price cut it's not worth the hassle to import now, especially if you've got a car to part-ex.

As for spec, my car is same as yours. Have you gone for the full nav system incl phone? If not, I would recommend it. By the way, if you go for the fixed phone you'll need an extra SIM card. I was hoping to get an extra SIM on the same no., but it seems Cellnet and Vodafone don't offer this any more.

Does PDC come as standard now? If not, I would add it. For the small amount it's a handy add on.

Which dealer are you ordering from?

regards

Steve

·
Registered
301 Posts
farcknorf,

i had also pondered such a colour combo, and think it would be awesome, but i think the only way it would be possible is ordering the caramel exclusive w/ wood trip and getting AC schnitzer to remove the wood trim and put the aluminium trim in it's place (or real titanium strips!! but that would be expensive and overkill.. and the aftermarket carbon fiber would look awful IMHO..)

or mabey euro M5's could have the BMW individual treatment?? don't know about the American ones though, as info from previous posts shows getting BMW individual is like pulling the rarest of hens teeth...

good driving all...

------------------
ho nuovi calzini su!!

[This message has been edited by Maranello Man (edited 06 November 2000).]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Steve

No I haven't gone for the phone option. But I did forget to tell you that I have ordered the voice control system, which works the Sat Nav, Hi Fi and phone [if you have one!]- do you have this option? If so how good is it?

As for PDC, I'm led to believe that this is now standard front and rear. Along with the 6 disk CD changer in the boot.

I've ordered mine from Vines Gatwick. Belive I have got a good deal...

Martin - I don't think the caramel interior is available in the UK, but then I could be wrong.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have Avus Blue, which is very similar to LeMans Blue. I have all black exclusive with bruyere club wood. Wouldn't change a thing.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have black on black sport interior with
the titanium trim...
I think there are going to be too many
Le Mans Blue M5s after a while...
isnt black the most popular color in the m5 already? or is it titanium?

fas

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi John

I do have the voice control, but I have not read the manual to see how it works yet! So I can't give you a view here. I probably should, and I should also get around to programming the SIM with all my no.s

It took me four months before I realised that you could change the colour of the display from the horrible brown that is set as standard.

I am such a gadget freak, but I hate reading manuals!!

Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
SteveG and Merlin, I think you guys are
the only UK based M5 enthusiasts that hang out on this message board?

I also live in the UK, I can be contacted via
e-mail on [email protected], It would be good
to get your e-mail accounts so we could have a
UK based exchange on european only issues...

Please e-mail me on the above address to discuss further.

Regards.

Irfy.

[This message has been edited by irfy (edited 07 November 2000).]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts