BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I indicated in my earlier post, Florida has passed and sent on to the governor the anti road rage legislation which requires vehicles being overtaken to get out of the left lane and let those faster cars pass.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41294&highlight=florida

Jeb has not said he would not sign the legislation into law. Effective date July 1, 2005. Fines are $60 and 3 points on the license.

Quote from the Sun-Sentinel newspaper today, 4.15.05.........

:M5launch: :M5launch: :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Jim Dolan said:
Jeb has not said he would not sign the legislation into law. QUOTE]

Double negative? So he will pass this into law?

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
M Power said:
Not necessarily- be he definitely has not said no....

Politics- don't ya love it?

(When driving in FLA, I feel like I need to take valium to fit in to the traffic flow..)

A

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I would love to see this across the country. I live in Delaware and we have a fair amount of Pennsylvania and Maryland drivers around. I find that Maryland drivers in particular, are very, very bad about sitting in the left lane doing the speed limit. Not sure what they teach people there but they need to get out of the way because now days, it's more of a hazard to drive the speed limit in the left lane. The average speed to work in the morning on I95 is 75mph (sometimes higher) in a 55 zone. I'm not saying that's right, but that's the way it is.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
No kidding, I find Maryland and Penn drivers to be the worst in this region when it comes to cruising in the left lane.

I hope that Florida does it and sticks with it. Texas did it last year if memory serves, but pulled it because their troopers were too busy writing tickets for it. My thought, make it a $500 fine, and that will quickly pay for more troopers, and teach people that the state will enforce it.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
There was an article in our local paper the other day with "tips from the Highway Patrol". Someone asked if you HAD to get out of the way -- their anwser: Not if you are going to speed limit!

I crapped...:eek:h:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PhilSeastrand said:
There was an article in our local paper the other day with "tips from the Highway Patrol". Someone asked if you HAD to get out of the way -- their anwser: Not if you are going to speed limit!

I crapped...:eek:h:
Well they will soon get the word.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
M Power said:
Jim Dolan said:
Jeb has not said he would not sign the legislation into law. QUOTE]

We're just a bunch of dumb hicks down here. Acually I worded that the way the paper did. Meaning is he still has the right to veto it but hasn't said one way or the other.

This is very good news for me since these people who park there in the left lane, on the phone, obstructionist lossers don't get it. I imagine signs will be going up also it was announced on the radio today locally. :hihi: :hihi:

·
Registered
12,922 Posts
Jim Dolan said:
Meaning is he still has the right to veto it but hasn't said one way or the other.

QUOTE]

If he doesn't veto within 60 days of passage, ti becomes law.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Connecticut takes the cake when it comes to slow drivers in the left lane, or at least changing from the right to the left lane going 65mph.:crying: Even better when I'm in the left lane at 100++ and someone in the right lane driving at 65mph decides to drift into the left lane and cut me off:mad: for no apparent reason, because there was no one in front of him for miles:confused2

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hercules said:
It's estimated there are more than 500,000 people with Alzheimer's disease holding Florida driver's licenses.

uh, could you repeat that ouich

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I find it very easy on the tollroad from Miami to Homestead and the highway from Orlando to Daytona.
Now the Sebring area Mmmmm (the 500,000 area).??????

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Yeah, in California there was a court decision not long ago to that effect. Made all the papers. Bottom line said the court, if you're going the limit, you don't have to move over. Ugh!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Need4Spd said:
Yeah, in California there was a court decision not long ago to that effect. Made all the papers. Bottom line said the court, if you're going the limit, you don't have to move over. Ugh!
Let's see Feinstein, Boxer, Brown, Conyers, Pelosi, from the cradle to the grave these folks will take care of you. May, the deity of your choices bless you.

·
Registered
317 Posts
It's the **** common sense and courtesy for slower drivers to yield to faster moving vehicles. Haven't people notice there are signs scatter all over the national and local highways that says, "Slower traffic keep right".Slower drivers legally in many states don't have to yield but the last time I checked traffic congestion is a national epidemic. Ignorance is never an excuse. But then again someone famous once said, "Stupid is, is stupid does". :blabla:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Living and driving in California for 20 odd years, I would have to say that 8 out of 10 times, the slower drivers in the fast lane will yield to fast approaching rear traffic. Try that in the DC metro, PA, and MD areas (Vegas is almost as bad). One time I sat behind 3 cars heading west on 66 toward Manassas. It was one car on each of the 3 lane freeway, going 57mph, side by side. The drivers were oblivious to the growing number of cars stuck behind them. When I finally managed to pass on the right hand land, the driver on the fast lane gave me the look like I just stepped on his family coat of arm. The bastard had the nerve to honk as I passed. I am normally a pretty courteous and calm driver on public roads but time like that really made me yearn for my loaded Glock 30.

Then again, people like that don't deserve our attention let alone our quality of life. :M5launch:

B

·
0 Posts
Jim Dolan said:
As I indicated in my earlier post, Florida has passed and sent on to the governor the anti road rage legislation which requires vehicles being overtaken to get out of the left lane and let those faster cars pass.
Sweet! Now the rest of the US needs to follow suit. This law is common in most of the world, and I was always quite surprised the US allowed people to drive slowly in the last lane. This one of the most annoying things in existance.

Another silly California law is to allow drivers to pass on the right. This is so **** dangerous.

Cheers, Daniel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts